Local man killed by train last Friday is ID'd

A man who died after being struck by a train on Friday morning has been identified by the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office as Mountain View resident John Dulaney.

Dulaney, 30, was crossing the tracks south of the Mountain View station, near a state Highway 85 overpass, when he was hit by a northbound train around 5:15 a.m.

He was taken to Stanford Hospital where he died around 9:30 a.m.

There is no legal crossing at the spot where Dulaney was hit and it is unclear what he was doing on the tracks, said Detective Victor Lopez of the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office transit bureau.

Comments

Posted by Aimee, a resident of another community
on Nov 12, 2008 at 2:17 pm

I worked with John in TX and am devastated to hear about this tragedy. I can see his bright smile now. One of the most caring, pleasant individuals I've ever met. He will be greatly missed. <3

Posted by Robyn, a resident of another community
on Nov 12, 2008 at 7:03 pm

John Wayne was a sweet and gentle soul. He shared peace with me and I will always treasure that. God Bless you John.

Posted by Doc Blevins, a resident of another community
on Nov 12, 2008 at 11:20 pm

I first met John Dulaney at Fellowship of Christian Athletes camp in Colorado the summer following his junior year in high school. We developed a special friendship and I had the privelege of being his pastor when he attended Oral Roberts University. John was one of the most genuine people I have ever known -- he loved everyone and was much loved. He will be missed but Heaven is all the richer now because he is there.

Posted by Cheryl Dance, a resident of another community
on Nov 13, 2008 at 8:02 am

John was a kind and gentle man studying to become a psychologist. His absence on earth represents a loss to mankind. A man who liked to do country western dance, he was too busy helping others to have time for himself and his own interests. Perhaps he is dancing now.

Posted by Michael S, a resident of another community
on May 18, 2010 at 7:55 am

God bless you, John. You were a great friend.

Posted by J Arrunategui, a resident of another community
on Feb 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I will always remember the last time I saw him coming back from a road trip with him. John said, "there will be many adventures to go." The next day he left Tulsa to go back to Texas, I hugged him for a good minute. It had to be one of the most memorable moments of my life. He was always willing to listen and very accepting.
-And still there will be many adventures.

Posted by Betty, a resident of another community
on Dec 26, 2011 at 8:18 pm

John Wayne was my big brother my little cherub I love him and miss him dearly I wish I knew more about what happended I feel so guilty about the whole thing