As a result, early morning or late night service was cut from many routes, while other routes also experienced daytime changes.
In Mountain View, service reductions were implemented for the light rail service and several bus lines:
• Line 22: Several schedule changes made.
• Line 34: The 3:15 p.m. eastbound and 3:43 p.m. westbound trips were discontinued.
• Line 35: Weekday 7:40 p.m. and 10:09 p.m. northbound trips and 5:44 a.m. southbound trip were discontinued, Sunday 7:23 p.m. northbound trip was discontinued, other changes made.
• Line 40: Weekday 5:30 a.m. southbound trip was discontinued, Saturday 6:35 p.m. southbound trip was discontinued, Sunday 6:51 p.m. northbound and 6:27 p.m. southbound trips were discontinued, other changes made.
• Line 51: The 5:47 a.m. southbound trip was discontinued. Minor schedule changes were be made.
• Line 104: This route now operates two trips in each direction.
• Line 522: On weekdays, some early morning eastbound trips were consolidated and other schedule changes made.
• Light Rail: On weekdays, the 1:40 p.m. northbound and 10:04 a.m. southbound trips were discontinued. On weekends, the 5:08 a.m. northbound trip was discontinued. Other schedule adjustments were made.
The VTA also introduced a new bus route, Line 200, which has two bus trips leaving the Baypointe Station between 11 p.m. and midnight and ending in downtown Mountain View.
Full details on new route schedules in all of the VTA's service areas can be found at www.vta.org/servicereductions. The agency's Customer Service Center can be reached at (408) 321-2300.