Thursday Night Live: Part 2

Original post made by GSB on Aug 3, 2007

Did anyone go last night?

There were definately more people in attendance this time around, and more activities/vendors on Castro Street. Plus, conbined with the free concert in front of City Hall, I thought it made for a good time. Loved seeing the classic cars out as well.

Posted by Amanda, a resident of The Crossings
on Aug 3, 2007 at 1:16 pm

We went... only thing missing were street-side food vendors. I was expecting it would be easy to get some dinner on the street for some reason, but it was not.

Otherwise, t'was very fun. Took the train in and out.

Posted by GSB, a resident of Castro City
on Aug 3, 2007 at 2:06 pm

Amanda,

I felt the same way, but my roommate pointed out that St. Stephen's Green had a $5 sampler plate going in front of their bar...and it was yummy!

Posted by Curious Observer, a resident of Jackson Park
on Aug 3, 2007 at 7:19 pm

Curious Observer is a registered user.

I went last night. I thought it was enjoyable although I thought there would be more people there. I plan to go back in a couple of weeks with a group of friends.

As for the food, I believe the point of the evening is to help showcase the Castro Street businesses. Bringing in food vendors would defeat the purpose. St Stephen's Green had it right...they figured out how to promote their business under the unique circumstances.

Posted by Amanda, a resident of The Crossings
on Aug 3, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Sorry, I meant that I thought local restaurants would have food vending outdoors near their restaurants. I missed the St. Stephen's Green one... bummer.

How late was everyone there? We were there on the entirely early side (5-7) with kiddos. It seemed to be getting more busy as we left.

Posted by eric, a resident of another community
on Aug 8, 2007 at 3:15 pm

it's great to see Mountain View adding a little European flair to its streets from time to time.

Posted by Curious Observer, a resident of Jackson Park
on Aug 14, 2007 at 7:37 am

Curious Observer is a registered user.

A success for the city! While walking to the concert at City Hall, I noticed a table in the window of Black Sea Gallery. I went back last weekend and bought the table. I finally shopped Mountain View and gave the city some of my tax money!! The city and Castro Street businesses should be very happy with Thursday Night Live. I'm going back this week. Businesses be ready!

Posted by GSB, a resident of Castro City
on Aug 14, 2007 at 9:12 am

Curious Observer,

I'm in total agreement. I also think pairing the street closure with the free concert brings out more people! I hope St. Stephen's Green has their $5 sampler again.