Teacher is a hero to lost woman's family

Original post made on Sep 9, 2009

It was a classic scenario: A young man stopped to help an elderly woman cross the street. But what Mountain View High School teacher Antonio Murillo didn't know was that this woman had wandered away from her assisted living facility.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:10 PM

Posted by Pay Forward, a resident of another community
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Antonio did what we all SHOULD do.. see a problem and solve it. Congrats to him.

All of us should always have an I.D. item with us. As one ages, the family should see to it that at least a bracelet or necklace with the I.D. info on it is with us at all times.

Aging One

Posted by The Dad, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:19 pm

This happens quite often, I've seen it myself and noted each time a "Hero" was helping. It's just common human decency, I think there's far more good people than bad out there, so not sure about the Hero definition, but that said, High five to you Antonio.
Good man.

Posted by JPS, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:20 pm

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment and general insanity]

Posted by Frances, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Wow, seems like there are some real whackadoos in Mountain View.

Good for Antonio Murillo for not being afraid to get involved. So many others would just turn away and pretend they saw nothing.

Posted by Don Frances, Mountain View Voice Editor
on Sep 10, 2009 at 9:54 am

Don Frances is a registered user.

I apologize for the many absurd and offensive comments put here by an anonymous crazy person while decent people were only trying to read and comment on a nice story. I've taken them all down, and most of the responses as well.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

The dress code
By Jessica T | 26 comments | 2,070 views

September food and drink goings on

College Freshmen: Avoiding the Pitfalls
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 1,245 views

Camp Glamp

Property rights and the will of the people
By Steve Levy | 4 comments | 279 views