Last namesake of Lawson's Grocery dies

Original post made on Sep 25, 2009

Donald Eugene Lawson, a former owner of Lawson's Grocery Store on Castro Street and a mainstay of Mountain View life throughout the middle of the last century, has died — and taken many stories about early Mountain View with him.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, September 24, 2009, 7:14 PM

Posted by Luke
on Sep 25, 2009 at 5:47 am

Great article, Daniel!

Posted by Jane
a resident of Waverly Park
on Sep 25, 2009 at 8:13 am

My condolences to the Lawson family. As a newcomer to Mountain View, I feel a deeper connection to the city when I hear stories like these of its past. Mr. Lawson sounds like a great man.

Posted by Judi
on Sep 25, 2009 at 10:49 pm

I had the pleasure of knowing Mr. Lawson when I was in high school with two of his daughters. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Posted by Carmen
a resident of Shoreline West
on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:27 pm

That was a great story. I have been living in Mountain View for over 40 years and never knew about Mr. Lawson. He sounds like a wonderful person. I think it's great that he can keep secrets. So many people like to gossip. I'm at the Mountain View library now. I love it here.

Posted by Donna
on Sep 28, 2009 at 5:09 pm

I met Don through the Friends of the Mountain View Library when the new library opened. He wore many "hats" in this organization. He always had a smiling face and a good story to tell. He was a kind and caring man and will be missed by many people. Sympathy and hugs to the family.