Mountain View holding up under wind and rain

Original post made on Oct 13, 2009

Despite heavy traffic, flooding and power outages elsewhere around the Bay Area, as of Tuesday morning the city of Mountain View seems to be weathering the storm well.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 10:57 AM

Posted by Wendy, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Oct 13, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Mountain View High was let out early due to a power outage there--so we did feel some impact.

Posted by me, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Oct 13, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I wonder how the settlers and Native Americans held up:)

Posted by Jimmy, a resident of Sylvan Park
on Oct 13, 2009 at 5:58 pm

I have something to add to Wendy's comment. Many power outages around MVHS. Trees toppled onto power line and caused a short circuit.

The whole top of the tree on Bryant Ave broke (or exploded) off. Power outage happened at aprox 11:50 AM PST.

(I am a student and the clocks stopped when the power went out!)

Posted by Res, a resident of Waverly Park
on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:52 pm

Been without power since 11:30 am. PGE's outage line says I was the only one who reported the outage.. They think it is just me but my whole neighborhood is pitch black. Please call PGE to report it at: 1 (800) 743-5002. Help! My food is melting...

Posted by maider, a resident of Waverly Park
on Oct 14, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Thank you PG&E for all that work you did outside, in the rain, under those miserable conditions.

Resident Awalt Dr./Truman, Mt.View