Woman mugged while walking to work

Original post made on Jan 26, 2010

A Mountain View woman talking on her cell phone while walking to work Monday morning was attacked by a man who slapped her and took the phone, police reported.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 7:58 PM

Posted by OMGGGG
on Jan 26, 2010 at 8:56 pm

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment]

Posted by Leslie
on Jan 26, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Hopefully the MVPD will catch this guy so he can get the help he needs. The poor man is probably really suffering in this recession. We as taxpayers are responsable to get him back on his feet by giving him a free place to live and a weekly paycheck for doing nothing.

Posted by Narrow Minded Citizen
on Jan 26, 2010 at 11:03 pm

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment]

Posted by farmer
on Jan 26, 2010 at 11:15 pm

I really hope that leslie is being facetious.

Posted by Educated Hispanic
on Jan 27, 2010 at 9:33 am

Bunch of racists. Who cares if he was brown, white, black or purple? He's a criminal and should be punished for his crime, not his color.

Posted by Disgusted again
on Jan 27, 2010 at 9:53 am

Is Mtn View becoming the Wild West where we all have to walk around with guns in holsters? Law and order, law and order, law and order.

Posted by parent
on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:11 am

Mountain View is a great city and everyone are welcome! We cannot control who chooses to commit a crime in this city. They probably chose Mtn. View because we are such a great city. Our police do an excellent job. They protect us and do their job very well. 99% of the police officers are very professional and open minded as well.

I am positive they are going to catch these guys. Mountain View police are good. Trust me.

Posted by Bruno
on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:29 am

What's up with the nonsense on this thread? First of all, the article doesn't say if the man is a citizen or not. You can't just assume that he's illegal because it says he's "Hispanic". I'm Hispanic. Should I be forced to carry a green card to prove to locals that I've lived in California my entire life just as the last 4 generations before me have? Or do you just look at me and think "beaner"? I think the internet is making people more racist in this country. The anonymity is just too good to pass up a chance at hurling insults.

Posted by Don Frances
Mountain View Voice Editor
on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:35 am

Don Frances is a registered user.

I think the slur by "Narrow Minded Citizen" was supposed to be a spoof on the overheated comment by "OMGGGG" ... whatever the case, I took it down, and OMGGGG's comment too, and am making the thread registered-only as it's off to a bad start.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?