Burglar swipes TVs, iPhones, video game

Original post made on Jun 10, 2010

A resident of the first block of Comstock Queen Court lost a lot of electronics when her home was burglarized over the Memorial Day weekend. The residential burglary was reported yesterday, June 9, a police spokeswoman said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 10, 2010, 10:46 AM

Posted by I am curious, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jun 10, 2010 at 11:37 am

I am curious why this is even news. I looked at the crimereports website and notice thefts all over town. What makes this one so special that the police department needs to report it to the media to make a story. Sounds like either a) it is a slow news day, b) someone is trying to justify their position, c) this is a public service announcement that should read "Hey, get an alarm system." I would rather read about the need to put more police out on the street to stop them theives during these economic times. I can only bet it will get worst with the cut of city services. I know my neighbors have been victims of theft and since the police department is cutting services they didn't even report it because they were referred to the internet to make a report instead of having an officer come out to at least look for clue or fingerprints. Not sure I like that.

Posted by James, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jun 10, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Editor, any reason why this particular breakin is newsworthy over so many other breakins not getting a headline? Maybe I'm missing something.

Posted by kanank, a resident of Sylvan Park
on Jun 10, 2010 at 3:26 pm

bad news, indeed. good alert. but then what can one do? some of places where we live is so quite and peaceful that no neighbord knows that some burglar has entered their neighbor home. I guess there is a price to pay for everything however great it is.

In a way it is wiser to live in an apartment complex with people around you and people looking out for each other instead of staying in a huge mansion with none around.

enough of my whining for today.

Posted by Am I Mistaken?, a resident of another community
on Jun 11, 2010 at 9:37 am

Huge mansion? The homes on Comstock Queen Court are hardly mansions and I think they are packed pretty tight.

Posted by blah, a resident of Shoreline West
on Jun 12, 2010 at 12:10 am

A woman came by our house a few days ago, not far from Comstock, asking whether our address was correct in retrieving a lost dog. We told her we had no idea what they were talking about (never opened the front door). It was about 11:30am on Wednesday when this happened. My guess was that she was casing the neighborhood and testing to see who was home at that time of day.