Police seek public's help in home-invasion robbery

Original post made on Dec 16, 2010

Two men suspected of a home invasion robbery in mid-September remain at large and police are asking the community for help.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, December 16, 2010, 2:48 PM

Posted by The Eye, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 16, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Let's see...How can we help out our local police department, here?

Well, one place to start is as the article said, with the caregiver that is a "person of interest", as she may have let on to her family or someone else an idea of the contents of the house, as she'd certainly be familiar with them, and might have chatted about them.

The two robbery suspects, possibly known to the caregiver, then decide to rob the place, and rough her up (but not too much) to make it look authentic, and then proceed to go to town on the poor resident, and then rob him blind.

There ya go, MVPD, a clue from your friendly, neighborhood pro-bono, certified private investigator, "The Eye".

Now go get'em, kids.

Posted by dog, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:16 pm

how come we don't have a description of the intruders,maybe the caregiver didn't want to turn in her friends..
I agree with THE EYE...she is under suspicion

Posted by Mr. Big, a resident of Monta Loma
on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Here we go again, this will make 4 times in the last month I call for letting law abiding citizens to have a CCW, that's how we can help the police. I'll say it again, the police CAN NOT STOP CRIME, they can only investigate it.

You don't need to go South of the border to find extreme violence, we have it here in our fair city.

Most of the time I see the cops they aren't fighting crime they are simply "Revenuer's" handing out tickets. They're always following me around for no good reason, I have a normal properly registered car and still seem to draw their attention.

Just few hours ago it happened again, he pulled the "e-brake" right in the middle of a busy street and followed me into a parking lot. It appeared he was running my plate and when I turned he freaked out like I was trying to run from him (I was just turning going to my destination).

I don't speed, always wear my seat belt, always come to full stop, always use my turn signals, always have a properly maintained and registered car, and I've lived here for over 20 years... What the hell?

Posted by BD, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Dec 17, 2010 at 9:48 am

"Calibur," really?

Posted by Humm, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 17, 2010 at 2:06 pm

How about a photo of the rare guns? How about a description of the suspects?

Posted by Thom, a resident of Jackson Park
on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:41 pm

how did they find the guns? were they in plain sight? Did her injuries look like "cover-up" injuries?

What a tragedy.

Posted by Thom, a resident of Jackson Park
on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Web Link

Click on incident, it will lead to pics of guns taken.

Posted by AC, a resident of another community
on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:17 pm

AC is a registered user.

Mr. Big, you know that you and I only really differ on the CCW versus open carry, so hear me out on this one...

Neither CCW nor open-carry stops people from robbing you in your own home unless you walk around the house with your gun on. And frankly, you can walk around your own house with your gun on anyway, CCW or not.

Posted by Just Wunderin, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 17, 2010 at 6:20 pm

What is a 72 year old man doing with not one, but two hand cannons? I totally agree on the citizenry being armed but someone 72 years old would only hurt himself and probably an innocent bystander firing either one of those guns. And yes the caregiver is the first one I would suspect had something to do with this. What are the people of Mountain View becoming turning to beat down a 72 year old male for some stolen property? I think it's time for me to pull out the old for sale sign and head back to good old Virginia.