Plenty of ideas for marijuana dispensaries

Original post made on Dec 17, 2010

A group of 30 people discussed the city's draft medical marijuana regulations at a City Hall meeting Thursday night, criticizing numerous potential requirements such as those that marijuana be tested for contaminants and that it be grown where it is sold.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, December 17, 2010, 12:00 AM

Posted by Anonymous, a resident of another community
on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:54 am

Please tell these drug dealers to push their drugs in their neighborhoods and not in mine.

Posted by Anonymous, a resident of another community
on Dec 17, 2010 at 6:04 am

That rich lawyer who setup Buddies lived in Palo Alto, not Mountain View. Put your drug dealing in your community not mine. I've got kids to raise.

Posted by Anonymous, a resident of another community
on Dec 17, 2010 at 6:24 am

I saw firsthand how many druggies were coming into the neighborhood with Buddies. All those druggies are potential criminals coming in from some other neighborhood. I'm sure all these people were really "medically sick." Yeah right.

Posted by Anonymous, a resident of another community
on Dec 17, 2010 at 7:22 am

My kid got a 970 API on the STAR test. That is better than Palo Alto or Los Altos. Instead of helping me raise my kids you guys put drug dealers and child molesters in my neighborhood.

Posted by patient in need, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 17, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I have pain every minute of every day and I have tried every pill I can but what works for me is marijuana. What they can offer me at these places can actually help me. I totally understand that "type" of person that these please can attract but they also attract people like me. I need this in order to live a normal life. Please let it happen. Please see the bigger picture.

Posted by Daniel DeBolt, Mountain View Voice Staff Writer
on Dec 17, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Daniel DeBolt is a registered user.

To "patient in need" and others like yourself,
Please do contact me if you wouldn't mind your story told in the Voice. You can reach me at ddebolt@mv-voice.com. Parents who are seriously concerned about the presence of dispensaries in MV may contact me as well. Thanks.

Posted by Derek, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 22, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I guess you would rather have your kids buying their pot from people who also push meth and crack

Posted by PeaceLove, a resident of Shoreline West
on Dec 25, 2010 at 1:02 am

Anonymous trolls aside, the vast majority of Santa Clara residents (probably 70-80%) favor making medical cannabis available to qualified patients. The Peninsula is host to tens of thousands of medical cannabis patients who use cannabis to treat a wide variety of physical and phycological conditions. Mountain View should take the compassionate and ethical stand to protect the sick and suffering in our midst.

Unlike street dealers, cannabis dispensaries don't sell to children. And unlike Walgreens, the medicine offered in dispensaries has never been linked to a single death from overdose or allergic reaction in all of recorded history. In the heart of Silicon Valley public policy should be based on science and facts rather than ignorance and superstition.

Posted by Carmelo, a resident of Whisman Station
on Jan 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Why do parents always make ignorant statements about drugs and their kids?

Fact: All of your kids can purchase drugs at their schools from drug dealers who sell other harder drugs. Those drug dealers don't ask for a doctor's consent, don't pay taxes and don't care if your child overdoses!

Fact: Your kids can't buy Medical Cannabis from a regulated dispensary! They can't even walk in the door.

Educate and regulate. Allow sick patients safe access to medicine now.