Town hall meeting on children's online privacy

Original post made on Aug 31, 2011

Parents are invited to a community discussion with business leaders and U.S. Rep. Jackie Speier tonight, Aug. 31, in Mountain View on how to protect their children's privacy online.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 5:08 PM

Posted by Really?, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Aug 31, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Really? This article gets posted at 5:08pm tonight? It's 8:30pm and I am reading this for the first time. Guess I missed it. WOW!Thanks for the notice!

Posted by Really?, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Aug 31, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Another observation:

"TOWN HALL MEETING"
(With U.S. Rep. Jackie Speier)

Location: Not in town.

Posted by @Really?, a resident of Waverly Park
on Sep 1, 2011 at 4:10 pm

What do you mean? Shoreline Blvd. is in town.

I do agree that posting it 52 minutes before the meeting was a waste of time.

Posted by Really, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Sep 1, 2011 at 4:40 pm

by @ really

What I mean is: The location of the meeting WAS NOT in town. It was near the outskirts of town.

YES, Shoreline Blvd. is in the town of Mtn View .... But remember Shoreline Blvd. is a very long road that even changes names.

You sound bored. Why do you choose to attack my opinion? Get a life!

Posted by Really?, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Sep 1, 2011 at 4:50 pm

by @ Really?

LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY: I am a native here.

"TOWN HALL MEETING" makes it sound like it is "DOWNTOWN".

Do you know where downtown is? .....

Doesn't sound like it?

Do you know where the Computer Museum is?......

NEXT TO THE FREEWAY!

REALLY? WOW!

Posted by Observer, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Sep 2, 2011 at 2:11 am

I take it both of you missed the meeting while you found the time to bicker back and forth. And thanks to the Voice for no advanced notice.

Posted by andrea gemmet, Mountain View Voice Editor
on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:58 am

andrea gemmet is a registered user.

We posted it as soon as we heard about it, so I'm afraid you'll have to thank the organizers for the lack of advanced notice.

Posted by Really?, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Sep 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm

@observer

Change your identity. If you're an observer, you would have noticed that I missed the meeting in my 1st post.

I observed your post was at 2:11 am. Get some sleep.