Police still hope to charge killer in drug deal

Original post made on Sep 8, 2011

It's been almost four years since the case against three suspects fell apart in the shooting death of 20-year-old Mountain View resident Jeffrey Johnson, but authorities remain hopeful that someone will eventually step forward to name the killer.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, September 8, 2011, 10:48 AM

Posted by McGruff
on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:43 pm

A cash reward held in trust should also come with a free standing offer of immunity. If someone wants to get out of gang life, having a little nest egg from which to relocate/start a new life would be much more tempting.
I applaud the decision to wait on a charge. Once a not guilty verdict is found, there's no chance for a retrial. Better to let this scum bag worry each day, knowing his days are numbered.

Posted by Mr. Mackey
on Sep 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Drugs are bad mmm-kay? Kids, you shouldn't do drugs, mmm-kay?

Posted by ma
on Sep 8, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I believe a $10,000 reward was offered but you should check that out with the MVPD. Hopefully someone will want to clear their conscience and come forward.

Posted by The Eye
on Sep 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm

The Eye is a registered user.

Never going to happen. I'm sure the suspect is laughing at the MVPD, knowing they can't make it stick, and probably never will. It's just as well that they won't mention the suspect's name, because if "all roads lead to Rome", and it's pretty obvious who the killer is, then I'm sure that someone would just finish the job, and clean this scumbag out of the gene pool. Sooner or later, that may happen, as well. Wait and see...

Posted by Motivation
a resident of Castro City
on Sep 8, 2011 at 5:56 pm

So if MVPD found out who did it for the 2005 case. Why cant they solve this one. I think they need to do a better job instead of just busting people for small things.

Posted by wow
on Sep 9, 2011 at 10:22 am

Ok the MVPD cant solve crimes but they will pull me over with 3 cop cars carrying 5 cops total at night for having a air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror like im a murderer. Only to let me go after harassing me for 30min to make sure I had a clean record. And they say they need more cops? Really? seems like every time i get pulled over there are at least 3 cops to deal with me only to let me go after they find out I have a clean record. Go figure? My tax dollars at work.

Posted by ANNA
on Sep 9, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Are you an African American, wow? Used to happen to my daughter everytime she came into Mountain View. Happened right in front of my house one day so i went out to confront the officer with his dog to ask him what the problem was. He walked away , said no problem , got in his car and left. He knew I wasnt going to let him harass my daughter for no reason.

Posted by Dont be ignorant
on Sep 9, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Annonymese, youre an idiot and you dont know what youre talking about!! And there are people that know exactly what happened. Jeff and his family didnt deserve this and there needs to be some justice for them. Im waiting and hoping for the day that they charge the people that did this, or they at least get some street justice. R.I.P. Jeff

Posted by Educated
on Sep 11, 2011 at 10:28 am

Annonymese....Your a Joke. Show some class, I'm a minotity myself. This is not a race issue. If you knew Jeff then you would know that he is not some rich white kid trying to be hood. Your comment makes me laugh more than it angers me, because your so ignorant.
RIP JJ

Posted by Natalie
on Sep 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Jeff was a great friend and has been sorely missed. His funeral was absolutely packed with people who loved him and his death has been a living nightmare for anyone who had the pleasure of knowing him. I have faith that justice will be served...I don't care how long it takes. I will be waiting.

Posted by Vita
a resident of Castro City
on Sep 15, 2011 at 12:17 am

The voice needs a like button like Facebook.

Posted by Andrea Gemmet
Mountain View Voice Editor
on Sep 15, 2011 at 11:26 am

Andrea Gemmet is a registered user.

@ Vita: Thanks for the suggestion. While our site doesn't have a "like" button, the Voice does have a Facebook page, and we love to get liked on Facebook.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?