City will remember 9/11 attacks at ceremony

Original post made on Sep 11, 2011

In a ceremony set for Sunday morning during the Art and Wine festival, the city is set to acknowledge the 10th anniversary of the thousands of deaths that resulted from the attacks on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, September 9, 2011, 10:19 AM

Posted by Spooked
a resident of Jackson Park
on Sep 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm

The past 2 days military jets have flown over my house (near Moffett and 101). Does anyone know if they are they part of 9/11 ceremonies going on in the bay area or a training exercise at Moffett Field? Yesterday the sound was so loud I thought a jet was about to crash in my neighborhood. The same thing happened about 10 minutes ago.

Posted by scared cindy
on Sep 11, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I too was horrified by this noise (as many others) and in light of 9/11, I think no matter WHAT,
it was in VERY POOR TIMING!!!!! PLEASE let us know what is happening. Aren't we all more than anxious right now????

PS I was at the City Hall Sat. when a gentleman appeared to have a stoke of some sort and was
given a VERY LONG treatment of CPR! He apparantly fell very hard to the ground and blood was everywhere. All we could do was to pray. Please let us know how this gentleman is as alot of us are still praying for his recovery

Posted by Unscared Bob
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Sep 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm

"I too was horrified by this noise"

Horrified or terrorized? Maybe the governmnet shouldn't be terrorizing its own people.

Posted by Really
a resident of Gemello
on Sep 15, 2011 at 1:06 pm

You're concerned about military jet noise? That is all you can comment about regarding this article? Really?

I guess you did not live around here when Moffett was an active base. Very sad that you can not say thanks to the fire, police and military for protecting this country.

Posted by Spooked
a resident of Jackson Park
on Sep 15, 2011 at 2:51 pm

@Really. Why are you attacking me? I just asked a question because I thought the two items might be related (and I thought perhaps that the staff at the Mountain View Voice might look in to it). There was significant jet activity over Mountain View during the weekend and I wanted to know why. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to anyone. So will we see a second posting from you thanking the military and 1st responders?