Day Worker Center to celebrate 15 years

Original post made on Nov 11, 2011

This weekend the Mountain View Day Worker Center will celebrate its 15th anniversary with two days of festivities.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, November 11, 2011, 10:06 AM

Posted by BD
a resident of North Whisman
on Nov 11, 2011 at 10:25 am

Did anyone invite INS to the party? They should !

Posted by Observer
on Nov 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm

What an insult to chose the Veterans Day weekend to celebrate illegal activity. And the Voice devotes more coverage to this event than to the 10 Mountain View based airmen and airwomen that received Distinguished Flying Cross.

Posted by Kim
a resident of North Whisman
on Nov 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Now I can show my 8 year-old the other side of the "Border Wars" show. I agree--where is the INS???

Posted by Catalina
a resident of Castro City
on Nov 11, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Felicidades al centro día trabajador en su XV aniversario, el evento este fin de semana sea un gran éxito!!.!!

Posted by Just the facts
a resident of Monta Loma
on Nov 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm

It's estimated that prisoners who are illegal immigrants cost the state at least $1 billion per year just to keep them in prison.

Web Link

Add to that Medical, Education and all the other freebees.

A new study just released by the Public Policy Institute of California has estimated that there are 563,000 illegal aliens living in the San Francisco Bay area.

Web Link

Posted by mtn view b
on Nov 11, 2011 at 8:22 pm

yes, I agree with you,,about the ins call,,,
but, who is going to do your chores?????
cause all of you lazy couch potatoes..I bet
that all of you writing bad things about inmigrants
you are the ones that hire them,,,so..think twice before
you judge people...not all of them are the same,,as you
folks,,,look yourself at the mirror and c what you c..
and don't worry your place at the welfare dept is safe....
savvy..

Posted by keyOmission
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Nov 11, 2011 at 9:37 pm

@mtn view b...
'us folks' have no issues with immigrants... the beef is with ILLEGAL immigration. Some of the smartest, most productive people I know are LEGAL immigrants from places like Northern Africa and the former Soviet bloc. I'd rather hire teenagers to mow my lawn if I was unable, and prefer to keep things tidy myself around home. To support ILLEGAL immigration is to be against those wanting to become LEGAL immigrants.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View

Don't fund the rape culture at my alma mater
By Jessica T | 36 comments | 2,745 views