Woman finds burglar in home

Original post made on Dec 3, 2011

An elderly woman apparently scared off a burglar Thursday afternoon when she came home while the thief was still inside, police said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, December 2, 2011, 4:41 PM

Posted by Observer, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 3, 2011 at 8:21 am

The public should be on the look-out for a "man" or possibly a "burglar".

I guess an actual description would be politically incorrect, even though there was a firm witness who went looking for the crook following the event.

Posted by Scooby, a resident of Whisman Station
on Dec 5, 2011 at 1:31 pm

A brief description of the suspect would have been nice to have, but as we all know. The Voice will pretty much shut down any comments, funny, or otherwise, against the alleged suspect.
Especially if they are of non-anglo descent.

Posted by Otto Maddox, a resident of Monta Loma
on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:42 pm

It's funny how the police tell people not to chase/follow people who have committed crimes again you.

I guess you're just supposed to be a good victim?

I once walked up on a guy breaking into my car. When I confronted him he just ran away. I followed him while calling the police. Eventually the guy stopped running and I just kept following him. I don't think he realized I was behind him.

The dispatcher was more concerned about getting me to stop following the guy than actually sending a cop to catch the criminal.

I had to persist. I finally said "either you send a cop to talk to this guy or I'll keep walking til I get to his house and knock on his front door."

The first cop to show up actually stopped ME first. Totally ridiculous. It was clearly more important to stop me from following the person who broke into my car than actually aprehend the criminal.

The second cop finally stopped the criminal. I knew they weren't going to be able to do much since it was just a misdeamnor. I just wanted to see if we got lucky and he has warrants or something.

The first cop wanted to give me a lecture. I just turned around while he was still mid-sentence walked back home. It's not the job of the police to lecture people.

Posted by DJ, a resident of Whisman Station
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm

A thief or vandal could be anybody. The Teens that vandalized my vehicle and tried to steal what's inside, were upper middle class, "boys of privilege" just having fun during the summer vacation.

Meanwhile, Mountain View police "Racially Profiles" men of color and watch us like hawks, while those of privilege get a way with theft and vandalism!

Posted by Jesse, a resident of Castro City
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Is this near the Day Worker Center?