Abe-Koga drops bid for county supervisor

Original post made on Jan 5, 2012

On Thursday, Mountain View City Council member Margaret Abe-Koga announced that she is ending her campaign for Santa Clara County Supervisor in District 5 and endorsing State Senator Joe Simitian for the District 5 seat.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, January 5, 2012, 1:54 PM

Posted by Henry
on Jan 5, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Joe Simitian represents all that is bad about California politics. King, the remaining candidate, has a real good chance of beating Simitian, because real-world experience and integrity trump being nothing but a career politician. So I hope that she does not drop out.

Posted by Observer
on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Great news!

Posted by Sheri
a resident of Monta Loma
on Jan 5, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I beg to differ with Henry. While it's true that some "career politicians" don't bring enough real world experience to be effective representatives, Joe Simitian is not one of them. He has innovative ideas, he listens to his constituency, and he's a "get-it-done" kind of guy. I appreciate that Margaret Abe Koga stepped out of the race to lend her support to his campaign.

Posted by Dominick
a resident of Waverly Park
on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Well, I see she saw the writing on the wall and decided to drop out. That's one for us.
Joe Simitian is one of the reasons that California has over 700 new laws starting on January 1. Just what we need.

Posted by David Casas
on Jan 7, 2012 at 4:16 am

"Henry" on MV Voice, writes very similar to "Jim" on both Mountain View & Los Altos Patch. Hmmm.

As I have stated before ... "Joe Simitian has the innate ability to bring disparate interests together and work towards a common goal. He is bright, articulate, and is an individual of strong character. More importantly, he is not beholden to anyone. He has earned my respect, and my vote for County Supervisor."

I'm not sure who "Henry" (aka "Jim") is, but after 8 years of active participation in ethics training, I'm fairly confident in my ability to ascertain Joe's integrity.

"Henry/Jim", do you care to provide the basis of your assertions? I'm sure the online community would like to assess the depth of your personal insight. I encourage you to share your facts.

Unless you know something I don't, my qualified statement of support for Joe stands for all to compare against your baseless assertions.

Posted by Political Insider
on Jan 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Simitian has no where to go, so run for county supervisor. Bet the farm that he wont last long as supervisor if a congressional seat opens up. This a step down for a career politician.

Abe-Koga is patient enough to wait for the spot to re-open and smart enough to see the writing on the wall and get his endorsement when the position re-opens.