New teen center needs a name

Original post made on Aug 6, 2012

The city is asking for some creative action from residents in an effort to find a good name for the city's new teen center.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, August 6, 2012, 10:19 AM

Posted by sean, a resident of Sylvan Park
on Aug 6, 2012 at 11:35 am

sean is a registered user.

The Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Posted by Jacque, a resident of St. Francis Acres
on Aug 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Is it called "mass" in a Protestant church? I thought that was a Catholic word.

Posted by basic skill, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Aug 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm

"There's also the more basic items . . ." should be "There're are also the more basic items . . ." Since the subject (items) is plural, you need a plural verb (are, not is). This is taught in early elementary school grammar, but it's never too late to learn it.

Posted by baxic skill, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Aug 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm

"There's also the more basic items . . . " should be "There're also the more basic items. . ." Since the subject (items) is plural, the sentence needs a plural verb (are, not is).

Posted by Otto Maddox, a resident of Monta Loma
on Aug 7, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Here is my name submission: "Big Old Waste of Money and Time"

Should just put that right above the front doors.

When I was a teen the teen center was McDonalds, or Safeway, or a Paper Route. It was called a summer job.

And if I wasn't working I didn't need a "center" to keep me out of trouble. My parents raised me right and kept myself out of trouble.

Posted by Cranky Old Man, a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Just call it "Intendo and Sega XBox Funporium" or whatever these kids are into these days.

Get off my lawn.

Posted by Mr. Nice, a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 7, 2012 at 5:42 pm

How about " Misspent Youth Loser Club "

Posted by parent, a resident of another community
on Aug 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm

and this forum is "mature misanthrope's club'" ?