A keyhole into the past

Original post made on Jan 13, 2013

It is safe to say that many longtime residents of Mountain View have walked by the tiny Jehnings Family Lock Museum on Castro Street and never gone inside.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, January 11, 2013, 1:49 PM

Posted by Honor Spitz
on Jan 13, 2013 at 12:20 pm

...I'm so glad that there are people like Audrey and Al Jehning in our midst!! I've had the pleasure of knowing them through the Mtn. View Historical Association, and believe me, they're community gems.

Thanks for writing such a nice article, Daniel, letting new comers and old timers alike know about them and their business (and historical building) in downtown Mtn. View.

Posted by Martin Omander
a resident of Rex Manor
on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Thanks for this article! I always wondered about that storefront when I walked past it on Castro. Now I will make sure I pop in and take a look!

Posted by kathy
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Jan 14, 2013 at 7:43 pm

The lock museum is a local treasure. I hope the Jehnings are on Castro Street for many years to come! Too many of our family owned businesses are a thing of the past.

Posted by Dissatified Customer
a resident of Gemello
on Jan 14, 2013 at 8:19 pm

About ten years ago one of the sons sold me a used safe and it was a rip off. The insurance adjuster said they most likely knew is was a bad safe when they sold it too me (if they knew anything about safes to begin with). Buyer beware.

Posted by Loche and Kay
a resident of Castro City
on Jan 15, 2013 at 10:43 am

Can't wait to check this place out!