MVHS launches first-ever 'STEM Day'

Original post made on Apr 29, 2013

Taking cues from Los Altos High School, which annually holds a Science and Technology Week, Mountain View High School has announced its first ever STEM Day, scheduled for April 30.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, April 29, 2013, 4:15 PM

Posted by MVLA Parent
on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Last time I checked Los Altos High School is too part of Grove's district. He is the superintendent of both Los Altos and Mountain View High Schools. It's about time MVHS takes a page from LAHS. They could do the same with the writers's week, as well.

Posted by argiebarge
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Apr 30, 2013 at 10:10 am

STEM Day - April 30th
NO STEM Day - April 20th

Posted by Mary
on Apr 30, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I'm very upset about this. Science is against God. HE did not intend for us to pursue it, and we should not be brainwashing our children like this.

Posted by Funny
a resident of The Crossings
on Apr 30, 2013 at 3:54 pm

All of these comments are so funny! I wish I understood any of them completely.

But I laughed when I read each of them, so I guess they were intended to be funny.

Posted by Barbara
a resident of Castro City
on Apr 30, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Maybe they should teach our kids to read and write before moving on to science and technology. If things keep up like this, my niece will have no choice but to move to Sunnyvale and become a pole dancer when she graduates.

Posted by Laura Ross
a resident of Castro City
on May 1, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I'm a bit confused. What does STEM stand for? Does it have to do with organics? If so, I'm all for it.

Posted by Trent
on May 2, 2013 at 8:50 am

Good move by MVHS. I hope they extend it for a week. STEM education should be incorporated into the curriculum at all Silicon Valley Schools.

By the way, aside from the first comment, the rest of the comments are really stupid. Are these adults? I doubt any of them even attended high school at all. One could not even read the article.