Pressure cooker causes bomb scare at San Antonio Shopping Center

Original post made on May 26, 2013

Police evacuated nearby residents and businesses after a pressure cooker was spotted in bushes outside a building at San Antonio Shopping Center Sunday evening, May 26. The evacuation was lifted at about 9 p.m. and police later concluded there was never any threat to public safety.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, May 26, 2013, 7:51 PM

Posted by Ron MV, a resident of Waverly Park
on May 28, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Ron MV is a registered user.

So are there any other details? Was it a hoax? Full of food? I can only assume this was a prank?

Posted by Greg David, a resident of Old Mountain View
on May 28, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Greg David is a registered user.

Who's going to pay for the resources utilized in this latest scare?

Time to ban pressure cookers. We just can't afford anymore pressure cooker false alarms.

How about the lost revenue and productivity of shutting down San Antonio Center. I'm guessing that is well into six figures if not more. Walmart alone was probably six figures lost. That's a lot of sales tax revenue and even more lost by all those Chinese manufacturers.

Better ban pressure cookers.

Wait, why did my false alarm at my business cost me $250? Isn't there some sort of federal subsidy to help me pay for false alarm costs?

Maybe I should start selling housewares....

Posted by skim1@yahoo.com, a resident of Castro City
on May 29, 2013 at 12:26 am

skim1@yahoo.com is a registered user.

My sources mentioned it was a homeless guy trying to cook a meal for himself and his Toon friend. Prior to Boston, this would have been a non-event, a non-story. Waste of resources, totally agree. If angry Muslims wanted to bankrupt this country even more so, they would team up with the Toon Patrol of Weasel henchman and plant pressure cookers and dry ice packages all over this country. At this very moment, police have swarmed Disneyland in search for and keep an eye out for the suspected Toon in ToonTown.
Web Link

Posted by Ron MV, a resident of Waverly Park
on May 29, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Ron MV is a registered user.

@skim1: After reading that, I am pretty sure even YOU don't know what you are trying to say.

Posted by skim1@yahoo.com, a resident of Castro City
on May 29, 2013 at 7:53 pm

skim1@yahoo.com is a registered user.

@Ron. I do know and with some imagination and parody.
Fact: a homeless person was trying to cook some food.

Fact: pressure cookers were used in Boston by a crazy Muslim family to kill people. It costs Boston police over a billion dollars in resources.

Fact: unattended pressure cookers now look scary and fearful to everyone.

Fact: MVPD used their imagination to section off the entire mall fearing an entire army of explosive pressure cookers, costing the city tons of money. This would not have happened prior to Boston.

Fact: Please read the web link article. "As a precaution we have evacuated Toontown," police Sgt. Bob Dunn told The Times.

If I were the Sgt. how would I not be able to keep a straight face in my press release.

Fact: Some Muslims want to kill us and many of our young people march over to Afghanistan and Iraq to kill a lot of them at an escalating cost of over 4 trillion dollars. What's our deficit? 16 trillion.

I think I'm ok if I want to believe the dry ice bomb was planted by a rebellious toon in ToonTown. The question now remains, Who Framed Christian Barnes?

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

On Tour at Selective Schools: Chapman, La Verne, Redlands, Whittier
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 1,887 views

The dress code
By Jessica T | 17 comments | 1,761 views

. . . People will never forget how you made them feel.

September food and drink goings on

Camp Glamp