Power restored after early morning outage

Original post made on Jun 13, 2013

Power has been restored to more than 5,800 PG&E customers in Mountain View following an outage this morning, according to a PG&E spokesman.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 13, 2013, 10:36 AM

Posted by Justin Thyme
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Jun 13, 2013 at 12:33 pm

So much for the alarm clock

Posted by Susan
a resident of Castro City
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Mine has a battery for that reason!

Posted by Mr. T
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I just experienced a glitch, power dropped out for less than a second.

Posted by vkmo
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:32 pm

The article doesn't say what areas were affected. Does anybody know what areas were affected? I didn't feel any power glitch, but then I was asleep at that time....

Posted by jcdrm
a resident of St. Francis Acres
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:42 pm

The St. Frances Acres neighborhood was affected. No power for about 45 minutes.

Posted by scullywag
on Jun 13, 2013 at 3:32 pm

The gal i talked to at PG&E this morning was a riot, she informed me we don't get charged for electrical usage during power outages, well no duh! Thanks PG&E, great knowledge, fix it & I hate failures at a corporate & monopolostic level. PG&E
= Pathological Greedy Errheads!(wanted to use another word, but erred on the side of caution.) Raping residents of they're money for generations. Frustrating start to my day.

Posted by Liz
on Jun 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I live on Calderon and I heard a large noise at 5:30 and when I got up no power. Not fun to take a shower and get dressed in the dark

Posted by Mike
on Jun 13, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I was in the cuesta park neighborhood and definitely noticed a "hiccup" in the power and short flicker of the lights, but it was over in a split second and no problem s after that.