Power restored after early morning outage

Original post made on Jun 13, 2013

Power has been restored to more than 5,800 PG&E customers in Mountain View following an outage this morning, according to a PG&E spokesman.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 13, 2013, 10:36 AM

Posted by Justin Thyme, a resident of Blossom Valley
on Jun 13, 2013 at 12:33 pm

So much for the alarm clock

Posted by Susan, a resident of Castro City
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Mine has a battery for that reason!

Posted by Mr. T, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I just experienced a glitch, power dropped out for less than a second.

Posted by vkmo, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:32 pm

The article doesn't say what areas were affected. Does anybody know what areas were affected? I didn't feel any power glitch, but then I was asleep at that time....

Posted by jcdrm, a resident of St. Francis Acres
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:42 pm

The St. Frances Acres neighborhood was affected. No power for about 45 minutes.

Posted by scullywag, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jun 13, 2013 at 3:32 pm

The gal i talked to at PG&E this morning was a riot, she informed me we don't get charged for electrical usage during power outages, well no duh! Thanks PG&E, great knowledge, fix it & I hate failures at a corporate & monopolostic level. PG&E
= Pathological Greedy Errheads!(wanted to use another word, but erred on the side of caution.) Raping residents of they're money for generations. Frustrating start to my day.

Posted by Liz, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Jun 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I live on Calderon and I heard a large noise at 5:30 and when I got up no power. Not fun to take a shower and get dressed in the dark

Posted by Mike, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jun 13, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I was in the cuesta park neighborhood and definitely noticed a "hiccup" in the power and short flicker of the lights, but it was over in a split second and no problem s after that.