Boy exposes himself, accosts jogger on Stevens Creek Trail

Original post made on Aug 2, 2013

A 13-year-old Sunnyvale boy was arrested after he allegedly exposed himself multiple times to a jogger on Stevens Creek trail, before blocking her path and attempting to take her cell phone, a spokesman with the Mountain View Police Department said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, August 2, 2013, 4:54 PM

Posted by reader
a resident of Cuernavaca
on Aug 2, 2013 at 7:45 pm

13! That is sad. I hope this kid is able to get some long term mental health treatment, and social services checks the safety and sanity of his home environment. I am sorry for the jogger too. It's a shame this trail attracts weirdos and dangerous types.

Posted by David Speakman
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Aug 2, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Better headline:

"Boy exposes himself, police not impressed"

Seriously, though. There also is an assault and/or battery charge in there, too.

Posted by jean
on Aug 3, 2013 at 2:12 am

I live in Sunnyvale for more then 30 years, and I work 25 years for the Sunnyvale School system this sadden me so much! I wonder if he is from my part Of Sunnyvale? If he is I am hoping his family or someone will help him and fast!!

Many times this has nothing to do with the parents and then sometimes it does! But so many times the parents or whom ever is caring for this boy, they do not watch them closely, they roam to far from home, and there so many child predators out there, then some of them are family members! I know that it happens and if the child does not tell someone it can go on for years and years!

I seen so many abused kids and this is when the turn to drinking or taking drugs, remember, kids when they drink and take drugs of any kind it is a cry for help, and many parents and guardians do not listen or see! They think it is a just a child experimenting! It is always a cry for help!

I hope this boy gets help, if not the next step will be psychical assault! Oh yes "she thought nothing of a boy exposing his private area to her, what was she thinking?

Posted by Whackadoodle
a resident of Castro City
on Aug 3, 2013 at 7:32 am

"Though the boy was exposing himself, the woman initially didn't think much of it, Thompson said."

Ouch!

Posted by parent
on Aug 3, 2013 at 9:25 am

I hope that this boy gets the mental health treatment that he needs instead of just being "released to his parents". This is not a petty crime and could easily escalate if he gets a slap on the wrist this time.

Posted by Maher
a resident of Martens-Carmelita
on Aug 5, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Maher is a registered user.

Not making excuses for this sexual crime from this kid; I do think he should be charged, and psychologically evaluated.
Also, I'm betting dollars to donuts that he's the victim of sexual abuse on a regular basis and I hope authorities will do a very thorough investigation of his life at home.
So many USA families are highly disfunctional unfortunately.

Posted by dummydude
a resident of Stierlin Estates
on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:54 pm

dummydude is a registered user.

The kid better be an undocumented. That would definitely help his case and he may even be lauded for his behavior. That is what towns and cities like Mountain View, SAn jose, SAn Franciso have become. Undocumented people can commit any kinds of crimes including murder and child molestation and still protected from law enforcement.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Must we fight for our right to party?
By Jessica T | 8 comments | 1,755 views