MayView Clinic to open new MV center

Original post made on Aug 8, 2013

Mountain View's longest running low-income primary health care clinic has moved to a new location and is preparing for its grand opening later this month.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, August 8, 2013, 12:03 PM

Posted by bayareabill
a resident of Waverly Park
on Aug 8, 2013 at 4:46 pm

This is absolutely fantastic news. This will complement the rest of MV's excellent health care infrastructure.

Posted by Bruce Karney
on Aug 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm

It seems odd that the story didn't mention that CSAA (better known as the AAA auto club) is on the first floor. How did this unusual pairing of two uses in one building come about?

Posted by Mary
a resident of Martens-Carmelita
on Aug 8, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Before I was eligible for Medicare I had no insurance coverage. Due to the Bush economy, my arena of employment hit the toilet and I lost my job. I was near retirement age but not quite old enough for Medicare and my Social Security benefits.

I developed some puzzling symptoms, and felt ill too.

I learned about the Mayview clinic in Palo Alto. I checked with them to see if I was eligible for discounted health care under their guidelines. I did qualify for some subsidies to offset the costs of care; and got excellent care for pre-diabetes including appointments with a nutritionist/dietician who gave me thorough advice on how to improve my food program; plus the M.D. gave me very practical suggestions on good exercise options.

Without becoming reliant on Rx's, my pre-diabetes labs numbers all improved and my life took an upturn in any way you'd want to measure.

These wonderful people saved my health.

Please support them any way you can.

Posted by Jim
a resident of Monta Loma
on Aug 9, 2013 at 8:12 am

It's wonderful that this important clinic has found a new home here in Mountain View. It is also great to see that they treat those with insurance and those without.

There is another clinic in Mountain View that treats only working people without insurance, and that is the RotaCare Free Medical Clinic in the basement of the YMCA building. It is staffed mostly with volunteer professionals.

Posted by Steven A.
a resident of Shoreline West
on Aug 9, 2013 at 8:17 am

I went to their clinic to get help with a small but painful issue. I was told they would only help me if I was (1) on Medicare, or (2) and undocumented immigrant. I even offered to pay for the office visit, though I am disabled and barely working. They refused to see me. Many others, most of whom were probably illegal immigrants, were getting free help.

Posted by Nick
on Aug 9, 2013 at 11:19 am

Steven A.: why didn't you just say you were undocumented? Hard to prove the lack of something.