Council places pay raise on November ballot

Original post made on Jun 11, 2014

After debating the issue in April, City Council members voted to put a pay raise for themselves on the November ballot to see if it passes muster with voters.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 12:15 PM

Posted by Konrad M. Sosnow, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jun 11, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I hope that get the raise. They actually deserve much more.
I understand that being on City Council takes many, many hours.

While I usually disagree with the majority of City Council Members on their views, I respect the hard work that their job entails.

Posted by Only a Politician, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Jun 11, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Kasperzak said: "It's not a raise, it's an adjustment."

Spoken like a true politician, or should I say lawyer, or worse. Is there a worse?

Posted by cole, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Jun 11, 2014 at 8:20 pm

About $65,000 for 7 members yearly salery to manage a almost 1/4 of a billion dollar city budget is chicken feed. At 10 times that it would be cheap.
Part time help at less than minimum wage and we get what we have gotten.

Posted by Can I agree?, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Jun 11, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I cannot disagree with what you say. They do deserve more pay.

However, I will see if Milk Pail stays in San Antonio with shared parking. I will vote that way. If YES, Milk Pail is there in Nov, I will vote YES, if NO, Milk Pail is not there, I will vote NO.

Seems easy to me. I have been very supportive. They need to do the RIGHT THING.

Posted by Resident, a resident of Shoreline West
on Jun 11, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Sure they should have their income adjusted. As long as they can adjust the minimum wage in Mountain View to reflect the cost of living here. Hopefully they can agree that all working people deserve the "adjustment" they deserve!

Posted by incognito, a resident of Waverly Park
on Jun 12, 2014 at 1:16 am

ditto what Can I agree? said.