Council race: Jobs-housing balance is key for council candidate Greg Unangst

Original post made on Aug 1, 2014

Mountain View resident Greg Unangst is aiming to spend a good bit of his retirement as a Mountain View City Council member after becoming involved in the city's Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee and the Campaign for a Balanced Mountain View.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, August 1, 2014, 11:33 AM

Posted by Konrad M. Sosnow
on Aug 1, 2014 at 2:27 pm

"I don't think I would go for something termed rent control," Unangst said, adding that he prefers the term "rent stabilization."

O.K. call it "Rent Stabilization" instead of what is is "Rent Control."
How many of us will be fooled by Greg's chiice of words?

I notice that Greg is not concerned about not concerned about protecting our neighborhood, traffic, parking, BRT, etc.

I recommend a NO vote on Greg Unangst!

Posted by Unangst for Rent Control
on Aug 1, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Ok, so Unangst is for Rent Control. That makes him a none starter for me. I can easily forget about him now. Thanks for trying to word smith the truth.

Posted by voter
on Aug 2, 2014 at 12:31 am

I understand people wanting to live in MV.
Personally I'd like to live in a beautiful house in Atherton but I cannot afford it. So should Atherton City Council force owners to lower the rents so I can live there.

We should all be allowed to live in fine houses in Palo Alto but we cannot.
How about the Hamptons outside New York. Why don't they lower the house prices so I can live there? Redevelop the 20 acre properties and build lots of condos so we can all live there.

Posted by Army Vet
a resident of Stierlin Estates
on Aug 2, 2014 at 2:54 pm

"leading a platoon of American and Vietnamese allies as a captain and master sergeant."

This sentence needs editing. A captain is an officer. A master sergeant is a senior enlisted rank. I'm guessing if he graduated from West Point he was a captain and then a major.

Posted by Sparty
on Aug 2, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Sparty is a registered user.

obviously all these candidates think the entirety of MV voters express their opinions in the comments section here.

Do these economics experts have their Gini coefficients ready for us to look at?