Spike in thefts, burglaries across town

Original post made on Aug 20, 2014

Dispersed incidents of car, store and home burglaries hit Mountain View early last week, as suspects broke windows and made off with anything from jewelry and computers to envelopes of cash. In just two days, there were 16 reported cases of theft and burglary, and two arrests.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 1:07 PM

Posted by Concerned Parking Cone
a resident of Castro City
on Aug 20, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Sounds like a case for the Car Wash Change Thief Action Squad.

But seriously, kind of a foolish move to leave cash in an unattended car.... ever.

Posted by Nick
on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Had the phone and alarm lines to my business cut the other night.
If you own a business in Mountain View, make sure your alarm company has a system to know when you line has been cut so they can alert you immediately.

Posted by Resident
a resident of Whisman Station
on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm

$1800 in cash left in car at Lozano's? I go there because it's a value, but take EVERYTHING out of the car at home first. Had (prescription) sunglasses disappear once from a locked glove compartment and learned my lesson.

Posted by Lydia
on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I know it is minor in comparison, but my son's bike was stolen on August 13 from our house. Sad that someone was brazen enough to come onto our property and steal it. Hard lesson.

Posted by USA
on Aug 20, 2014 at 11:08 pm

USA is a registered user.

Why is this story locked?

Is it because Jessie might point out the obvious connection among all these crimes?

Posted by nutile1011
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 20, 2014 at 11:47 pm

nutile1011 is a registered user.

I never leave small change in my cup holders as it disappears at Lozanzo's Car Wash. Varsity Park

Posted by Sparty
on Aug 21, 2014 at 4:28 am

Sparty is a registered user.

small change at the car wash. perfect crime. if you mention it "oh I vacuumed it by mistake"

Posted by MyOpinion
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Aug 21, 2014 at 10:21 am

MyOpinion is a registered user.

"Leaving things in plain view in a car, even in a bag, is not a good idea,"
Really? I did not know that. Actually leaving items in plain view is plain stupid.

Is there a correlation between Mountain View's increasing affluence and increasing crime rate?

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?