Town Square

Post a New Topic

Sladky house fire started by cigarette

Original post made on Aug 10, 2008

The fire which caused an estimated $150,000 in damage Wednesday to a home on Sladky Avenue was started by a cigarette in the garage, according to local fire and Red Cross officials. Although no people were injured, a house cat died in the blaze.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, August 8, 2008, 5:25 PM

Comments (3)

 +   Like this comment
Posted by Cigs
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 10, 2008 at 6:26 pm

It figures it would be a cigarette.


 +   Like this comment
Posted by Margorie
a resident of Jackson Park
on Sep 5, 2008 at 11:45 am

I smell a lawsuit


 +   Like this comment
Posted by shakira
a resident of another community
on Dec 24, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Its a shame how something so little can cause a fire. This should be an example, and people should really take this serious.


Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.

Email:


Post a comment

Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online. Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information and opinion. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.

Name: *

Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?

Comment: *

Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.

*Required Fields

Steins, sausage and spaetzle: Mountain View hosts second Oktoberfest
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 3,082 views

Men Are Good For Three Things
By Laura Stec | 35 comments | 2,908 views

Yes on Measure B to improve our quality of life and public safety
By Steve Levy | 6 comments | 865 views

I Can't Get a Word In
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 570 views

Cellphone Charging Challenges
By Angela Hey | 0 comments | 492 views