Posted by Daniel DeBolt, a resident of the Old Mountain View neighborhood, on Nov 17, 2008 at 10:14 am
Daniel DeBolt is a member (registered user) of Mountain View Online
Here is a list of improvements Jamil has made, from an email he sent:
- Replaced top load washers with the energy-star rated front load washers.
- Monitor each water bill for sudden rises in water use.
- Regularly check for and repair all leaks.
- Using only dry methods to clean outdoor hard surfaces, rather than spraying or hosing with water.
- Indoors, using dry floor cleaning methods, followed by damp mopping,
- Installed self-closing faucet.
- Changed window cleaning schedule from 'periodic' to 'as required'.
- Replaced older T-12 fluorescent lighting with energy-efficient T-8 fixtures with electronic ballast.
- Replaced all incandescent bulbs with efficient compact fluorescent.
- Reduced number of light fixtures.
-- Replaced all decorative lighting with the energy efficient LED bulbs.
- Installed timer to turn off one bank of lights.
- Installed daylight dimmer to automatically turn off lights.
- Routinely checking and adjusting lighting control devices, timers and photocells.
- Posted light switch reminders to turn off lights when not in use.
- Using standby mode on equipment.
- Installed time switch to automatically turn off the office equipment.
- Insulated all hot water pipes and storage tank.
- Regularly cleaning dryers lint-screens so they run most efficiently and use less gas.