Posted by CH, a resident of another community, on Jan 17, 2009 at 2:44 pm
I have realized since investigating our water supply in CA that I am having allergies that I did not have before after drinking filtered water from our tap. I hope legislation will do something soon as I believe this is unsafe for us to consume. After drinking water with chloramine I realize that I have this burning sensation in my mouth and throughout my body. I am very concerned!!!!
Posted by Beth Nord, a resident of another community, on Jan 18, 2009 at 9:10 am
CH might look at www.chloramine.org and connect with the contact person listed there. Citizens Concerned about Chloramine (CCAC) has heard from several hundred people in the Bay Area who have reported skin rashes, and/or digestive and/or respirator problems. I developed severe eczema, which neither my dermatologist nor my allergist could diagnose. Only after I stopped using our tap water did the rashes clear up. We hope you will lend your support to our fight against this untested chemical.
Posted by Honey Margoles, a resident of the Old Mountain View neighborhood, on Feb 3, 2009 at 10:44 am
I live in Mountain View and cannot take baths any longer. When I take them, the vapor from the water makes me short of breath. I have to hit my inhaler many times when I am in the bath. I will not even feed my pet the water from the tap. It's toxic for sure.