Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 15, 2008
Thank you for sharing the green project. I understood that many little savings became a large saving. He is a super star, isn't he?
Is this the same laundromat that was called Baywash? Back when I was an apartment dweller, used to love doing my laundry there.
Kudos to Jamil! Not only is he environmentally-friendly, he is just plain friendly... Period... He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
I do my laundry at the Moffett Coin Laundrymat, the one with the colorful thank you bubble signs on its walls. Thank you for a very clean laundrymat and thank you for going green.
Jamil stands for everything that is good in our community. Way to go! Hopefully, his enthusiasm will catch on with other members of the business community. Go Green!
Here is a list of improvements Jamil has made, from an email he sent:
- Replaced top load washers with the energy-star rated front load washers.
- Monitor each water bill for sudden rises in water use.
- Regularly check for and repair all leaks.
- Using only dry methods to clean outdoor hard surfaces, rather than spraying or hosing with water.
- Indoors, using dry floor cleaning methods, followed by damp mopping,
- Installed self-closing faucet.
- Changed window cleaning schedule from 'periodic' to 'as required'.
- Replaced older T-12 fluorescent lighting with energy-efficient T-8 fixtures with electronic ballast.
- Replaced all incandescent bulbs with efficient compact fluorescent.
- Reduced number of light fixtures.
-- Replaced all decorative lighting with the energy efficient LED bulbs.
- Installed timer to turn off one bank of lights.
- Installed daylight dimmer to automatically turn off lights.
- Routinely checking and adjusting lighting control devices, timers and photocells.
- Posted light switch reminders to turn off lights when not in use.
- Using standby mode on equipment.
- Installed time switch to automatically turn off the office equipment.
- Insulated all hot water pipes and storage tank.
- Regularly cleaning dryers lint-screens so they run most efficiently and use less gas.
Thank you for sharing with the community of Mountain View an opportunity to see how Mr. Jamil Shaikh is greening his business. It's a great testimony to know that Mr. Shaikh is not only helping conserve water but that he is also saving money. I would like to mention that by participating in the Valley Water's Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program, Mr. Shaikh received a $400.00 rebate for each inefficient clothes washer he replaced through the program. Any business or resident interested in helping the City of Mountain View become greener by conserving water should contact Valley Water's water conservation hotline at (408) 265-2607 ext 2554 or visit www.valleywater.org. Thank you so much Jamil.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Bailey Park
- Blossom Valley
- Castro City
- Cuesta Park
- Jackson Park
- Monta Loma
- North Bayshore
- North Whisman
- Old Mountain View
- Rengstorff Park
- Rex Manor
- Shoreline West
- St. Francis Acres
- Stierlin Estates
- Sylvan Park
- The Crossings
- Waverly Park
- Whisman Station
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
By Chandrama Anderson | 4 comments | 1,555 views
Standardized Test Prep: When to Start and Whom to Hire?
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 848 views
Finger Food and a Blood Lite?
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 713 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Mountain View
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
© 2014 Mountain View Online
All rights reserved.