Town Square

Clutter fuels two-alarm house fire

Original post made on Jan 28, 2013

One person suffered minor injuries in a two-alarm fire in northeastern Mountain View reported at 9:25 a.m. this morning, fire officials said. Mountain View and Palo Alto firefighters were busy removing smoldering debris from the home at around 11 a.m.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, January 28, 2013, 12:15 PM


Posted by Honey b00b00, a resident of Martens-Carmelita
on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Eeesh!!! Hoarding gone bad! Lucky for them, nobody died.

Posted by Martin Omander, a resident of Rex Manor
on Jan 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Wow, that's a lot of stuff in the garage. I'm happy to hear no-one was killed or seriously injured. Yet another reason to clean out my garage.

Posted by Otto Maddox, a resident of Monta Loma
on Jan 29, 2013 at 10:06 am

I am always amazed at the amount of JUNK people will pile up in a garage.

Posted by Carolyn Tangi, a resident of North Whisman
on Jan 29, 2013 at 10:56 am

What appears as junk to you, could be things these folks collected to recycle for income. Don't judge what they had in their garage.

Posted by Chick-fil-haay!!!, a resident of St. Francis Acres
on Jan 29, 2013 at 12:17 pm

@ Carolyn Tangi. They should have gone to the recycling center a little more often, because now, it's definitely nothing but junk. Burnt junk to be exact.

Posted by Sparty, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Jan 29, 2013 at 2:18 pm

"What appears as junk to you, could be things these folks collected to recycle for income."

Piling it up for "income" at some "later" time is about as effective as simply looking at college brochures to enroll "one day" and boost your income.

Posted by Sean, a resident of Sylvan Park
on Jan 31, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I bet it all that Carolyn has more junk then that garage.