By Laura Stec
Chocolate + Tahini Ice Box PieUploaded: Jul 18, 2017
I've been Food Partying! with tahini lately, that peanut butter-like food made of sesame seeds, and most often used to make hummus. So when this recipe crossed my inbox, it made me take notice with a big "yum!"
Haven't made it yet. If you beat me to it - let us know.
Thanks American Heritage Chocolate for the delicious idea.
Chocolate + Tahini Ice Box Pie
For Chocolate Sauce
3/4 C cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 blocks (6 oz) AHC chocolate, chopped (or ¾ C drink mix)
1 tsp vanilla extract
For No-Bake Graham Cracker Crust
9 whole graham crackers
7 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
¼ C packed brown sugar
Pinch of salt
For Tahini Ice Cream
Two pints Vanilla ice cream, softened out of freezer for 30 minutes
3 Tbsp. tahini
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients and whisk until melted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
No-Bake Graham Cracker Crust
2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, pulse the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Add the remaining in ingredients and blend until combined.
3. Press the graham mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
Tahini Ice Cream
1. In a large bowl, mix the softened ice cream with the tahini.
2. In the pie pan lined with graham cracker crust, place ½ cup of the chocolate sauce and spread evenly over the bottom of the crust. Add all of the tahini ice cream, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 3 hours, until set.
3. When ready to serve, reheat the chocolate sauce over low heat until warm. Drizzle the pie with the warm chocolate sauce and extra tahini, serve immediately.