Bike stolen from garage

A BMX-style red bicycle was stolen from a garage in the 900 block of Trophy Drive sometime last week, police said.

Though the theft was reported on Aug. 20, Mountain View police spokeswoman Liz Wylie said the 13-year-old male victim and his family believe the bike was stolen on Aug. 14.

That's the day the family had a party and the garage was left open, Wylie said. It is likely that if the bike was stolen on the 14th, that the theft occurred sometime between 4:30 and 6 p.m. The bike is worth approximately $150, Wylie said.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Michael
a resident of St. Francis Acres
on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:51 pm

This was newsworthy on Yahoo? or even this publication? Sorry here about the bike kid.

Like this comment
Posted by Michael
a resident of St. Francis Acres
on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:53 pm

It required a Mountain View police spokesperson too!

Like this comment
Posted by go figure
a resident of Shoreline West
on Aug 22, 2011 at 11:19 pm

MVPD are failing us on every level. Yes they were part of a cold case, actually because it happened here. They will not do a thing any time our property has been vandalized or robbed, so up go the cameras and ammunition. If we are not going to be protected we must realize it and protect ourseleves and our neighbors!

Like this comment
Posted by Peter
on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I reported my bike stolen a couple of years ago and there was no Voice write up. But seriously, are you really going to write an article on each stolen bike in Mountain View or is this story unique? If so, how so?

Like this comment
Posted by Really?
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I'm sorry the boy's bike was stolen, but really? A bike is stolen from an open unattended garage. Why is this newsworthy? I have squirrels living in my back yard -- are you going to write a story about that, too?

Like this comment
Posted by kathy
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:31 pm

A stolen bike warrants a headline? Your kidding right? Sounds like an item from the Atherton police blotter.

Like this comment
Posted by Konrad M. Sosnow
on Aug 23, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Thank you for reporting the theft. The victim was one of my neighbors. I am going to be more alert and I will make sure that my neighbors are aware of the risk.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Burger chain Shake Shack to open in Palo Alto

Eat, Surf, Love

Couples: So You Married Mom or Dad . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 1,149 views