Company floats Zeppelin idea

Original post made on Nov 19, 2007

Los Gatos-based Airship Ventures is hoping NASA, the city and Moffett Field's neighbors like the idea of making up to 1,000 flights of Zeppelin NTs per year out of the airfield.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 8:58 PM

Posted by Bernie Brightman
a resident of North Whisman
on Nov 19, 2007 at 3:22 pm

Although I live very close to the field, I think this sounds like fun! Let's have some trials first though so we can see what the noise levels are like.

Posted by MV_safer
a resident of Waverly Park
on Nov 21, 2007 at 6:33 pm

Posted by Nicholas
on Nov 27, 2007 at 3:33 am

I have worked on a Zeppelin airship project before. This is one of the most safest forms of FUN - Welldone to the Halls. The noise level during flight is minimal and at times you get the sheer enjoyment seeing this enormous flight of fancy, before you hear it. The only nuisance issue you will endure, is why you did not buy a ticket!

I am writing from South Africa and I indeed envy you guys over there. This is history in the making, enjoy it. Its truly a fascinating experience. I am planning my holidy to San Francisco next year to coincide with the arrival of this beauty and I will sure be looking down at all those looking up!

Posted by MV resident
a resident of Shoreline West
on Jan 2, 2008 at 10:38 pm

having neighbors like this is our biggest nuisance issue!

"Sounds fun - but is it safe to have one of these things flying over our homes all the time? How about noise, pollution or other nuisance issues?"

Posted by Palo Alto resident
a resident of Waverly Park
on Nov 29, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I find this Zeppelin to be extremely annoying. It often hangs over Stanford and is the equivalent of visual air pollution. Any otherwise crystal clear blue sky will be contaminated by this huge blimp hawking some sort of genetics testing or other soon-to-fail venture of the ultra-rich. Isn't anyone else annoyed by this floating billboard!?

Posted by eric
on Nov 29, 2009 at 10:06 pm

I think the airships are a funky, quirky addition to our town,and the noise is negligable-- it flies over us all the time, and a lawnmower a block away is louder.

I'm a bit troubled that Councilman Means seems so unaware of something that has been part of the landsacape for, what? a year now?

Posted by Daniel DeBolt
Mountain View Voice Staff Writer
on Nov 30, 2009 at 11:02 am

Daniel DeBolt is a registered user.

This story is two years old Eric. I'm sure Council member Means is well aware of the airship by now.

Posted by eric
on Nov 30, 2009 at 2:50 pm

oops. I thought the story was about an expansion of thier service. Egg. Face.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Get the most important local news stories sent straight to your inbox daily.

Polar vortexes and clean energy in the Upper Midwest
By Sherry Listgarten | 4 comments | 3,973 views

'We believe in empathy and profitability.' This new company wants to redefine delivery for local restaurants

Union demands too many: Open up the schools now!
By Diana Diamond | 14 comments | 3,112 views

Premarital and Couples: What Happens in Vegas Doesn't Stay in Vegas

Submit your story today

The 35th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Short Story Contest is now accepting entries for Adult, Young Adult and Teen categories. Submit your short story here by April 2 (online submissions only). Stories must be 2,500 words or less. First, Second and Third Place prizes awarded in each category. Sponsored by Kepler's Books, Linden Tree Books and Bell's Books.

Contest Details