Hopes resurrected for grocery store | Town Square | Mountain View Online |

Hopes resurrected for grocery store

Original post made on Sep 21, 2008

The City Council indicated Tuesday that a city-owned parking lot downtown could be the site of a long-sought grocery store, with high-density housing built on top.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, September 19, 2008, 11:08 AM

3 people like this
Posted by Richard
on Sep 21, 2008 at 10:15 pm

Hopes resurrected for grocery store

Council supports idea for new retail, high-density housing on downtown lot
---------------------------------------------------------------------

How about a PARK with TREES and BENCHES but no fountain....

Downtown is to to CLUTTER already. Let's have some GREEN areas....

3 people like this
Posted by USA
on Sep 22, 2008 at 10:33 am

More traffic. Less parking.

Remember this when voting for the the city council members.

3 people like this
Posted by Andrew
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:33 am

Richard, The park next to city hall is next door.

3 people like this
Posted by CoolTri
on Sep 25, 2008 at 11:33 am

What, Pioneer Park or Eagle Park not green enough for you? There is also bush/mercy park and lets not forget that park that name i can not remember, the one at the end of Castro next to Neto... I'm pretty sure that's still considered a park. Kinda sad to be crying for more green if your not aware of those. There is plenty of Green with-in a short walking distance.

3 people like this
Posted by sabra
a resident of Castro City
on Sep 25, 2008 at 3:33 pm

palo altans and now mtn viewers moaning about affordable housing... what we need is *more* affordable housing and all they can do is discriminate against those of us who don't make at least 100k a year. I deserve affordable housing, and I deserve it locally! I work here, so do I have to rent here for the rest of my life?! I want to own my home too, and I need affordable housing to do it!

3 people like this
Posted by smart growther
on Sep 25, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Still dont get why we need a another market. What is so bad about the asian market? Not sure a large market can survive without more people downtown. There is plenty of parking with the new parking structure.

3 people like this
Posted by Garrett
on Oct 12, 2008 at 11:21 am

Why not turn reduce Shorline Blvd down to 4 lanes and all the extrea room would make a good park

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Get fact-based reporting on the COVID-19 crisis sent to your inbox daily.

A tea house, a speakeasy, a beloved restaurant: The Van's in Belmont has closed for good

Why I am suspicious about PA’s budget cuts
By Diana Diamond | 20 comments | 2,203 views

We are testing geoengineering, and that is a good thing
By Sherry Listgarten | 14 comments | 2,037 views

Premarital and Couples: Taking Breaks (Fallow Time)