Teacher is a hero to lost woman's family

Original post made on Sep 9, 2009

It was a classic scenario: A young man stopped to help an elderly woman cross the street. But what Mountain View High School teacher Antonio Murillo didn't know was that this woman had wandered away from her assisted living facility.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:10 PM

Posted by Pay Forward
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Antonio did what we all SHOULD do.. see a problem and solve it. Congrats to him.

All of us should always have an I.D. item with us. As one ages, the family should see to it that at least a bracelet or necklace with the I.D. info on it is with us at all times.

Aging One

Posted by The Dad
on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:19 pm

This happens quite often, I've seen it myself and noted each time a "Hero" was helping. It's just common human decency, I think there's far more good people than bad out there, so not sure about the Hero definition, but that said, High five to you Antonio.
Good man.

Posted by JPS
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:20 pm

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment and general insanity]

Posted by Frances
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Wow, seems like there are some real whackadoos in Mountain View.

Good for Antonio Murillo for not being afraid to get involved. So many others would just turn away and pretend they saw nothing.

Posted by Don Frances
Mountain View Voice Editor
on Sep 10, 2009 at 9:54 am

Don Frances is a registered user.

I apologize for the many absurd and offensive comments put here by an anonymous crazy person while decent people were only trying to read and comment on a nice story. I've taken them all down, and most of the responses as well.