Crime briefs from Mountain View

Original post made on Feb 10, 2011

A 22-year-old man was arrested in an assault outside the Monte Carlo Club, and a squatter was arrested for possession of stolen items.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, February 10, 2011, 11:47 AM

Like this comment
Posted by The Eye
on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I think it's about time we banish these clubs from Castro Street, don't you? The Monte Carlo Club, and it's evil twin across the street, The Zen Lounge, have caused nothing but trouble downtown since they've been given their liquor licenses. Whenever I get a crimereports.com update on the most violent crimes in Mountain View, they are almost always caused by patrons of these venues, principally The Monte Carlo Club.

Get rid of these watering holes for the over-amped testosterone patrons that seem to frequent them (and subsequently cause trouble), and the crime rate in Mountain View will take a sharp dive. I'm certain I'm not alone in this assertion.

Like this comment
Posted by BC
a resident of Whisman Station
on Feb 10, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Please CLOSE the MONTE CARLO CLUB. Their operation is a danger to the people and well-being of Mountain View. They clearly care more about making money and not about the attacks made by their patrons due to excessive alcohol intake.

Like this comment
Posted by Eye Test For The Eye
on Feb 10, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Hey Eye,

Speaking of Squatters head west on Central Expy and exit for Shorline South. Look up in the clover leaf and you will see a bigger squatter story than this article.

Check it out.

Like this comment
Posted by suzi
a resident of Monta Loma
on Feb 10, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Those clubs are just yucky! Seven years ago I went out for St. Patrick's Day hoping fro some Irish music. One club had techno with some guy obviously really loaded dancing alone. The other club with the beads just seemed like young people. Both paces played all hip hop and rap. Event he Irish bars did. It was no fun at all. Some of the restaurants are nice, but the clubs seem to attract 21-30 year olds which leaves nowhere for the people a bit older except Mervyns which I found accidentally. We need a fun place where there is rock and roll.

Like this comment
Posted by Mr Advice
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Feb 14, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Close down Monte Carlo, replace it with a Blues/Rock venue. The old theater, same building did with no problems in the 70's 80's. Neil Young played there. It could be a dinner/concert combo, I'm sure it would get a good gate, I know I would go.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Nobu Palo Alto eyes next-door expansion

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE AND I BRING YOU

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 3 comments | 1,576 views

Couples: Cultivate Love, Gottman Style
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 357 views

Top restaurants to check out

Mountain View Voice readers have officially decided. See which local restaurants and businesses can now claim the title — Best Of Mountain View 2017.

View Winners