App makes waiting in line a thing of the past | Town Square | Mountain View Online |

App makes waiting in line a thing of the past

Original post made on Aug 17, 2011

A Mountain View startup called Pago launched a smart phone app on Aug. 9 that promises to change the way people order food, buy merchandise and pay for services. With dozens of Mountain View businesses being the first to use it, I decided to buy lunch with it to see how it worked. The results were impressive.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:56 PM

3 people like this
Posted by George S
on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I downloaded the Pago App. There was no $20 credit I could find

3 people like this
Posted by MVer
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm

George, if you read the article closely, the $20 credit was a surprise to the author too. He didn't see the credit on his app. He just found out about it when he went to pick up his food and the restaurant told him it was already paid for. I'm guessing that the first $20 that you order will be 'paid for' in a similar fashion.

3 people like this
Posted by BD
on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I only wish I had a business to use this great App - I really want an ipad...but I am happy to settle with a $20 credit - Great idea and glad it is another Mountain View invention...I love MV!

3 people like this
Posted by I hate lines
on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I hate waiting in line. I hope they can get enough business to keep expanding.

3 people like this
Posted by MV Resident
a resident of Jackson Park
on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:40 am

I wish they would add my doctor, the DMV, and the post office to this list. ;-)

3 people like this
Posted by fixiegirl
on Aug 18, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Why does everything have to arrive/be delivered/appear immediately? There's value in interacting with the other customers and face to face with the staff.

Seems to me this detracts from common courtesy. Getting to zip in ahead of people just seems like it would alienate those dropping by an establishment for the first time, who did not have a smart phone. Or the regular crowd who interacts with the staff every day or week.

Come to think of it, why not just bring a sandwich to work and save some money?