Anna Eshoo to seek another term

Original post made on Aug 29, 2011

U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, a Democrat who has been representing Mountain View, Palo Alto, Menlo Park and other cities in the 18th Congressional District for nearly two decades, announced today her plans to seek another term. Eshoo, a Menlo Park resident who was first elected to Congress in 1992, issued a statement Monday morning (Aug. 29) declaring her intention to seek reelection in the recently redrawn 18th District.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, August 29, 2011, 1:05 PM

Like this comment
Posted by Hannity
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 29, 2011 at 1:39 pm

BOOO!!! Lets get a fresh face in there. I'm tired of seeing the same people in office.

Like this comment
Posted by Observer
on Aug 29, 2011 at 4:34 pm

She won't get my vote. This country is in a hole and voting for the same people on both sides of the aisle that put us in it won't get us anywhere.

Like this comment
Posted by Sabrina
a resident of The Crossings
on Aug 29, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Wow, 68 years old and in office for nearly two decades. It's certainly good to have a leader with a competent level of experience, though I have to wonder what our other options are?

Like this comment
Posted by Doug Pearson
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Aug 29, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I'm a long-time admirer of Anna Eshoo, and glad she still represents me in Congress. I wish her success in her coming election campaign.

Like this comment
Posted by Old Ben
a resident of Shoreline West
on Aug 30, 2011 at 7:35 am

Two decades in office is too long. I'm voting out ALL incumbents.

Like this comment
Posted by jupiterk
a resident of Gemello
on Aug 30, 2011 at 3:34 pm

another dirtbag politician. Can you believe "her priorities would remain keeping jobs in Silicon Valley and supporting technologies that will create the next generation of high-tech jobs."? The question is what exactly she has done. Cisco, HP, Intel,Oracle all have laid of 10000s of people, actually 100s of thousands of jobs have disappeared from Silicon valley alone.
I don't know what kind of *#@! voted for her in the past. It is just disgusting to see people who keep voting for the same crook. I don't support any party and not particularly care for a Republican either, because they are definitely as bad as the democrats if not worse. Feinstein, Boxer,Eshoo are just the lowest forms of human beings and politicians. These are career politicians with no ethics and are using their position to enrich themselves.

Like this comment
Posted by Mike
on Aug 30, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I am so sick of career politicians. Is Anna Eshoo my representative for life?

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Nobu Palo Alto eyes next-door expansion

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 4 comments | 1,877 views

Couples: Cultivate Love, Gottman Style
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 628 views

The Comp Plan EIR--Pluses and Minuses
By Steve Levy | 5 comments | 389 views

Top restaurants to check out

Mountain View Voice readers have officially decided. See which local restaurants and businesses can now claim the title — Best Of Mountain View 2017.

View Winners