Restaurant burglar takes $360 in steaks

Original post made on Mar 21, 2012

Four slabs of filet mignon and $80 in cash were stolen from Le Petit Bistro by a burglar with an an epicurean bent, sometime overnight between March 15 and 16, police said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 9:20 PM

Like this comment
Posted by The Jet
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Mar 21, 2012 at 11:26 am

Way to let everyone know that the place doesn't have any security measures.

Like this comment
Posted by Ned
on Mar 21, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Good point. Maybe this is how the police department extorts citizens by advertizing a business that has no security system and then charging them the permit fee once they get one! Only in Mountain View.

Like this comment
Posted by Frustrated
a resident of Stierlin Estates
on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Way to go Mr. Veronin. Nice job letting everyone know about Le Petit Bistro's security situation. You didn't have to put that've bit of information in your article. Wow.

Like this comment
Posted by Frustrated
a resident of Stierlin Estates
on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm

*that bit* Predictive text is sometimes a problem...

Like this comment
Posted by Jerry
a resident of Shoreline West
on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Now we'll have to have a steakout to see who BBQs up some filets!

Like this comment
Posted by I wonder...
on Mar 21, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Wow is right. I can't believe the writer would publish their lack of security... unless... they've recently installed security and want to lure the thief back to catch him/her? A master mind at work!

Like this comment
Posted by Frustrated
a resident of Stierlin Estates
on Mar 21, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I wonder -
Don't count on it. This writer frequently does things like this in his articles. I'm chalking it up to inexperience. At least, I hope that's why he does such irresponsible reporting. I can't believe that he hasn't removed that part and the comments pertaining to it yet. I guess that now it doesn't matter - the damage is done. I feel so bad for the owner - he's a wonderful man, and a great chef, I might add.

Like this comment
Posted by GotoCamera
on Apr 1, 2012 at 1:08 am

One of the most useful tips that I got from a friend was to install a restaurant camera. He recommended a webcam software called GotoCamera www.gotocamera.com This is how it works - Set up a webcam near to your cash counter or any part of your restaurant which you wish to monitor, download the GotoCamera software. The set-up instructions are pretty simple and easy to follow. The best part is that you can access it from your smart phone so that you can remotely monitor your camera's recordings when you are away from your restaurant.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE AND I BRING YOU

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 1,040 views

Couples: Initiators and Implementors
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 769 views

Nobu Palo Alto eyes next-door expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 684 views

Top restaurants to check out

Mountain View Voice readers have officially decided. See which local restaurants and businesses can now claim the title — Best Of Mountain View 2017.

View Winners