Council OKs 134 new apartments

Original post made on Jun 21, 2012

If the city's park and housing fees are not too onerous, Prometheus Real Estate Group can move forward with building 134 new apartments to replace 50 units at an older complex it owns at 111 North Rengstorff.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 21, 2012, 11:40 AM

Like this comment
Posted by Garrett
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Design look gound, wouldn't say perfect. Use of front stoop which I have one where I live. Gives me a chane to talk to people walking by, drink coffe, and to watch the world. The design is much better the bookend style buildings.

Like this comment
Posted by Wei
a resident of Gemello
on Jun 21, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Is the city going to pay for the 50 current apartment dwellers to move? If not, why not?

Like this comment
Posted by GSarducci
a resident of Gemello
on Jun 21, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Hurrah! Existing buildings there are old and awful. Tear them down!

Like this comment
Posted by Garrett
on Jun 21, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Meant design is good not perfect

Like this comment
Posted by Jeff
a resident of The Crossings
on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:46 pm

"a possible affordable housing fee charged on the project before it is occupied, a fee that could be equal to 4.6 percent of the project's value."

Oh, the irony is so sweet: a fee that will increase the price of the housing for the sake of affordable housing.

Dear city council, you are the only thing preventing affordable housing in Mountain View. Let developers build to meet market demand, and housing inventory will skyrocket, bringing down housing costs for everyone. Seriously, you do nothing but get in the way of a functioning market, and this 4.6% fee is the purest demonstration of your idiocy.

P.S. No, I don't work for a housing developer nor do I have any financial stake in housing, except of course that I live in an apartment in Mountain View.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE AND I BRING YOU

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 929 views

Couples: Initiators and Implementors
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 738 views

Top restaurants to check out

Mountain View Voice readers have officially decided. See which local restaurants and businesses can now claim the title — Best Of Mountain View 2017.

View Winners