Five plan to run for MV Whisman board

Original post made on Jul 13, 2012

The Mountain View Whisman School District is poised to hold its first contested election since 2004, as five locals have announced their plans to run for three open seats on the district's board of trustees this November.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, July 13, 2012, 11:45 AM

3 people like this
Posted by Steven Nelson
on Jul 13, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Thanks for article Nick - I feel you summarized most of my comments fairly well. Residents who want more information can contact me by email at [email protected] to arrange a neigborhood/coffehouse/park meeting and/or view the campaign website I'm just starting at sites.google.com/site/mvwsdchange.
Let the season of public policy debate begin!

3 people like this
Posted by District Mom
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Jul 13, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Pollart won't get my vote. Here's a quote from him back in 2009.

"I'm sure it's not easy being in education these days, with a constant stream of bad press and budget cuts. Unfortunately, many educators take on a victim mentality and point to funding cuts to justify mediocre performance."

Web Link

I've yet to meet any of MVWSD educators who feel they are victims. They are mostly of the highest quality and dedicated to the core.

Pollart is just another Romney like CEO who was a favorite supporter of that disgraceful ex-Superintendent Ghysels.

I recommend voters read up on the Voice article link above.

3 people like this
Posted by Another District Mom
on Jul 13, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Sounds like Pollart is my kind of candidate. He'll get my vote. I commend all of the above people for getting involve to try to make a difference.

3 people like this
Posted by MV Voter
a resident of Martens-Carmelita
on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I'm leaning to vote for Mr. Nelson since he's the most informed, Mr. Lambert the scientist since we need that kind of tilt on the board, and Ms. Bogdanic the mom who wants to look out for the Hispanic population.

I don't know Mr. Darrah, but he might have a conflict of interest with his wife being a teacher at Landels, home of the other half of the Ghysels equation. And I agree Mr. Pollart is not a good fit given his past endorsements and links to Ghysels, his underlying assumptions that the teachers are the problem (seriously?), and his CEO/Wharton background. I think America (Mountain View included) has had enough of that.

Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Blossom Valley

on Jun 4, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Get important election coverage sent straight to your inbox daily.

Vons drops Korean fried chicken on downtown Redwood City
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 7,203 views

Is there a polite way to say "Too much plastic"?
By Sherry Listgarten | 31 comments | 4,077 views

What I will remember about Ruth Bader Ginsburg
By Diana Diamond | 5 comments | 1,993 views

Premarital and Couples: See "Buck" for Couple's Tips
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 799 views

Benefiting local non-profits

The 36th annual Moonlight Run and Walk is Friday evening, October 2, wherever you are! Proceeds go to the Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund, benefiting local non-profits that serve families and children in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Join us under the light of the full Harvest Moon on a 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run or half marathon.

Register Today!