Special interest groups invest in council election

Original post made on Oct 10, 2014

The nine residents running for three City Council seats in the November election have some very different fundraising styles, as revealed in their reports of campaign contributions received by Sept. 30.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, October 10, 2014, 12:00 AM

Posted by Barry Burr
a resident of Rex Manor
on Oct 10, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Though my contribution was omitted, I proudly donated $250 to Lenny Siegel's campaign.
Never has a council election been so critical in steering where Mountain View's future, and long term residential stability, as the one upcoming this November.
Never has one single candidate stood out to show level-headed foresight into how to bring this long term residential stability into our town, to give the thousands of renters in our city the best chance of being able to own our own homes, as Lenny Siegel does now.
Barry Burr, former member MV Bicycle Pedestrian Committee, renter, and local business owner.

Posted by Chris
a resident of Waverly Park
on Oct 11, 2014 at 10:21 am

Siegel has door hangers which are a couple of hundred dollars and Facebook Ads, which are not free either. Any reason why his expenses were swept under the rug?

Posted by Jim Neal
on Oct 11, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Jim Neal is a registered user.

In the interests of full disclosure, I have to say that the figures listed for my campaign are from my 460 filed in June. I don't know why those figures were used in this story as I filed my form 460 for July to September, on October 6th.

With that said, My total contributions received are 3920.83 which includes 2890.03 that I have loaned myself, 534.80 in donated labor costs to install my banners, and $297 in unitemized contributions of less than $100.

All of my contributions are from Mountain View Residents. I have no special interest or non-Mountain View endorsements or contributions.

Jim Neal
Candidate, Mountain View City Council
https://electneal.org (Campaign Website)

Posted by Katie
on Oct 11, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Like Barry B, my family proudly donated to Lenny Siegel's campaign. And, we are living on a fixed income. Without a doubt, Lenny impresses me as the most intelligent of the candidates. Over the many years, he has demonstrated his ability to get results that make Mtn. View a better place for all residents.

I hope the voters don't believe that outspending other candidates or having sufficient funds to donate to their own campaign equates to being the best choice for Mtn. View. It doesn't.

I vote for a proven track record and good ideas! That's Lenny Siegel!

Posted by Lisa Matichak
a resident of North Whisman
on Oct 12, 2014 at 8:05 am

The Voice made an error in reporting on my campaign finances. I purchased an ad in the Cuesta Park Neighborhood Association newsletter for $400 as shown on my 460 filing. The Cuesta Park Neighborhood Association did not make a donation to my campaign. I apologize for the Voice's error.

Posted by mike
on Oct 12, 2014 at 1:55 pm

i donated to lenny siegel because
1. he knows the most about our city's political and legislative history and actually reads all the general and precise plans (that i am not sure many others do)
2. he has been directly involved in multiple city wide initiatives over many decades including rent stabilization, preventing nite time air cargo deliveries at moffit, cleaning up superfund site and preserving hanger one - he knows the ins and outs of city government
3. he recognized and informed us that the job- housing imbalance is responsible for the large increase in homelessness and displacement of renters due to rising rents
4. he is working on the issue AS he runs for office - 'campaign for a balanced mountain view' (not just promising to do so)
5. he has a vision for the city_

in other words he knows WHERE WE HAVE BEEN , WHERE WE ARE AND HAS A VISION FOR WHERE WE SHOULD GO

mike fschetti