Landels Elementary School to get inclusive playground | Town Square | Mountain View Online |

Landels Elementary School to get inclusive playground

Original post made on Dec 20, 2018

Landels Elementary School in Mountain View is one of several local schools that received funding this week from Santa Clara County to build an all-inclusive Magical Bridge Playground on their campuses.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, December 20, 2018, 9:59 AM

2 people like this
Posted by community member
a resident of Bailey Park
on Dec 20, 2018 at 11:23 am

This is not correct. Magical Bridge Foundation is not working with Landels Elementary School to build their playground -- though I wish they were.

2 people like this
Posted by Claire
on Dec 20, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Landels is getting an all ability playground to coincide with the high medical needs classroom which will open next year.

Like this comment
Posted by Oh no
on Dec 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm

I hope it is not a Magical Bridge playground. Mitchell Park put one of those in and they get over 15,000 visitors a month. Landel Elementary is embedded in a single family home neighborhood with our inadequate for this kind of traffic. The noise will be terrible for our residents.

Put the Magical Bridge monstrosity in a larger park like Cuesta or Rengstorff. Leave the natural beauty of Landels alone...

Like this comment
Posted by Resident
on Dec 20, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Tons more traffic at Landels scares me. I live right at the drop off area on the Mercy St. side, and people jostling for dropoff parking have hit my car in front of my house four times now. The final time totaled it. I no longer park in front of my house.

I'm guessing we will attract a lot of kids from outside Mountain View to this park, these magic bridge style playgrounds are really nice, and kids love them. The downside to all these soft, smooth materials, though, is that they break down really fast, so I do hope that the city maintains them properly.

Like this comment
Posted by Me
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Dec 20, 2018 at 3:30 pm

The City of Mountain View is currently planning to add an all-inclusive playground at Rengstorff. It's in partnership with the county and the Magical Bridge foundation. The county is behind the grant-making because the popularity of the Palo Alto Magical Bridge playground demonstrates the demand - and the belief is in increasing the "supply" will relieve some of the current pressure on families to go to Palo Alto.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

All your news. All in one place. Every day.

Los Altos's State of Mind opening NYC-inspired pizza shop in Palo Alto

Wait, wait – we’re working on it
By Diana Diamond | 19 comments | 2,671 views

My Pet Peeves
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 7 comments | 2,085 views

Premarital and Couples: Here Be Dragons!

Flying: How to lower your impact
By Sherry Listgarten | 5 comments | 1,147 views

Short story writers wanted!

The 34th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Short Story Contest is now accepting entries for Adult, Young Adult and Teen categories. Send us your short story (2,500 words or less) and entry form by March 27, 2020. First, Second and Third Place prizes awarded in each category.

View Details