Council backs natural gas ban for all new homes

Original post made on Nov 5, 2019

The Mountain View City Council took a strong stance in battling climate change, unanimously approving new building codes that would phase out the use of natural gas in all types of new homes.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, November 1, 2019, 12:00 AM

12 people like this
Posted by Brillaint
a resident of Cuernavaca
on Nov 5, 2019 at 9:14 am

What a stupid idea.

2 people like this
Posted by I already did mine
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Nov 5, 2019 at 9:26 am

100% all electric, off grid.
When the big one hits I should be fine and my house will not burn due to a ruptured gas line, which is generally a plus in the eyes of most home owners

18 people like this
Posted by @I already did mine
a resident of Monta Loma
on Nov 5, 2019 at 9:59 am

Just hope you never have an electrical fire that burns down your house, with you in it.

The battery packs have been known to catch on fire. This will only be happening more and more as people have very little options. We are being forced into something that many people do not want.

Solar panels have a useful life of 20 years, which will have to be replaced. Batteries also have a useful life, which will have to be replaced. Solar panels have to be washed to keep the dust off of it . Otherwise you will have reduced energy.

2 people like this
Posted by I already did mine
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Nov 5, 2019 at 10:14 am

Don't fear the future. Thanks for the concern, LOL.

6 people like this
Posted by @I already did mine
a resident of Monta Loma
on Nov 5, 2019 at 11:04 am

I do not fear the future! You know why? I will be leaving this crazy/emotional group think/ state soon enough.

If you plan on staying here, you should fear the future as it is in a never ending state of decline.

10 people like this
Posted by I already did mine
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Nov 5, 2019 at 11:56 am

My experiences are obviously different from yours, but I'm glad you're making the shift for yourself. Personally, I love it here, but good for you for freeing up some space. We always joke that we just need another big quake to clear a few million people out of the area and make for some elbow room.

Keeping that dream and keep dreaming big.

2 people like this
Posted by Bad call.
on Nov 5, 2019 at 3:48 pm

Electric heating is wildly inefficient. What a step in the wrong direction. You would have 10x more positive impact on the environmental if you'd prioritize housing density and transit.

What a miss.

2 people like this
Posted by Alternatives
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Nov 6, 2019 at 12:52 am

Alternatives is a registered user.

MV needs alternatives to PG&E, alternatives to the grid and alternatives to these city councilmembers.