Three candidates seek to fill two seats on Mountain View-Los Altos High School board

Original post made on Oct 15, 2020

In the Mountain View-Los Altos High School District, the elections set three candidates to vie for two elected board seats. Here's what we learned about their views on reopening schools, preparing for population growth and more.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, October 9, 2020, 1:56 PM

Posted by Stephanie Dauer
on Oct 15, 2020 at 12:02 pm

Stephanie Dauer is a registered user.

I am supporting Phil Faillace for reelection! While he has almost four decades of school board experience and a lot to show for that time and dedication, I am supporting Phil based on how I have seen him in action at the MVLA board meetings since this Spring. He engages with the administration, teacher representatives and speakers with equal respect and consideration. He asks great questions, and asks for followup and accountability. As a parent of an LAHS student, I believe that Phil has been a great advocate for parents' viewpoints and has asked for and facilitated increased parent input. This is a critical time for our district, and students are being greatly impacted by the pandemic. We need Phil's experience and expertise and I am grateful that he is willing to sign up for another 4 years!

Posted by John
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Oct 16, 2020 at 4:12 pm

John is a registered user.

I'm also a big supporter of Phil. I have a student at MVHS and started paying more attention to the Board meetings this spring -- came away very impressed with Phil overall. The good news is that all of these candidates are smart and I can't say anything bad about any of them. But I volunteered to help on Phil's campaign because I think he's an especially strong and effective Board member and we need steady experienced Board members right now.

Posted by Steven Nelson
on Oct 17, 2020 at 7:15 am

Steven Nelson is a registered user.

Mountain View VOTERS - is it in your best interest to have a Board that would be 4/5 Los Altos residents? I think not.
Walker (incumbant not up for election) and Dave [vote this time] are both parents or former parents of Mountain View Whisman students. Dave knows some of the problems that the 2/5ths of Mountain View public school students (the poorer families) face when they go into MVLA. Dave has a vounenteer history with families in this demographic (besides his own wealth-and-wise kids).
I like a Trustee with actual diversity experience! And compassion. And- though he like us all - as sometimes been imperfect, I have seen that he learns how to be both compassionate in action - and more compassionate in his speech.

Dave matches well with Faillace! Phil has been a thoughtful champion of 'the blue collar' more working class (not executive/professional class) student families for the entire decade I have been closely following the MVLA Board. I do not think you could find a better pair of guys to represent the more progressive/compassionate side of the Board. And neither is a softie on policy/administrative oversight.

Posted by AParent
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Oct 27, 2020 at 8:28 pm

AParent is a registered user.

I completely support re-electing Sanjay Dave! You really do need someone with diverse experience with the unique diversity of students of Mountain View to properly represent all parents.

Posted by NilanCors
a resident of Blossom Valley
on Nov 26, 2020 at 4:50 am

NilanCors is a registered user.

I have heard a lot about this college.