https://mv-voice.com/square/print/2020/12/21/newsom-stay-at-home-orders-likely-to-be-extended-past-three-week-minimum-in-much-of-state


Town Square

Newsom: Stay-at-home orders likely to be extended past three-week minimum in much of state

Original post made on Dec 26, 2020

Stay-at-home orders in multiple regions across the state are likely to remain in effect past the minimum of three weeks as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to skyrocket, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Monday.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, December 21, 2020, 5:31 PM

Comments

Posted by Kyle
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Dec 26, 2020 at 4:38 pm

Kyle is a registered user.

Not good news


Posted by Steven Goldstein
a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 27, 2020 at 3:26 am

Steven Goldstein is a registered user.

Yes it looks like we are in for a prolonged lockdown again, you can just read the San Jose Merc news item titled "COVID-19 hospitalizations push California’s ICUs to a record low 1.1% available beds: State has just 1.1% capacity, down from 1.4% at start of week" seen here (Web Link)

From the Santa Clara County website here (Web Link) 93% of the County STANDARD ICU beds are full, leaving only about 7%, half the number required to get out of CODE BLUE.

Granted the "SURGE" extra gives us currently 13%.

It still is the lowest available bed count since the COVID dashboard started counting it in May 2020.

What is bad is that some ICU beds are becoming available because people died. In the last month more than 100 people died.

So lets just get used to this being around until the numbers start to improve to the same numbers we had in September 2020.


Posted by Steven Goldstein
a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 27, 2020 at 5:10 pm

Steven Goldstein is a registered user.

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]


Posted by Victor Bishop
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Dec 27, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Victor Bishop is a registered user.

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]


Posted by Steven Goldstein
a resident of Old Mountain View
on Dec 27, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Steven Goldstein is a registered user.

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]



Posted by Victor Bishop
a resident of Another Mountain View Neighborhood
on Dec 27, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Victor Bishop is a registered user.

[Post removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language]