Letters to the editor: Measure D, bond measure taxes, proposed new pool | Town Square | Mountain View Online |

Letters to the editor: Measure D, bond measure taxes, proposed new pool

Original post made on Feb 25, 2020

Letters to the editor from the Feb. 21 edition on the rent control Measure D, the presidential election, bond measure taxes and a proposed new pool at Rengstorff Park.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 9:53 AM

27 people like this
Posted by Not a chance for Bernie
a resident of Jackson Park
on Feb 25, 2020 at 10:24 am

Up till now, none of Bernie's competitors have brought up his past record and statements. They must be afraid of the Bernie Bro's attacking them.

If the media does not bring up his record during the primary and he wins the nomination, you can believe his record and videos will come up in the general. He will be toast then and Trump will be re-elected.

5 people like this
Posted by No Bernie Fan
a resident of Gemello
on Feb 25, 2020 at 6:05 pm

No fan of Bernie. Ask his first two wives what type of husband he was. Never took care of his family and both wives realized it and left for better pastures. His first “real” job was getting elected as a Mayor at middle age.

22 people like this
Posted by Bill
a resident of Rex Manor
on Feb 26, 2020 at 2:19 am

All the bond measures are driving my property tax bill sky high these days. How can I afford to retire in Mountain View if I am getting taxed to death? I paid for many years into the system and have no union pension plan and so all I have is SS and my life savings. We are the workers that built the community and I am getting forced out of my economic retirement in Mountain View.

13 people like this
Posted by Ok
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Feb 26, 2020 at 3:35 pm

I voted for Buttigiege, here are my reasons:
1. All angry and weird grandpas do not appeal to me.
2. Warren doesn’t look sincere and I still cannot forget her DNA test debacle.
3. Klobuchar would not be a bad choice, but it seems she is lagging in polls too much.
4. Steyer who? After all the debates left no impression on me.
5. Buttigiege looks like a very clever guy to me.

Like this comment
Posted by Swimmer
a resident of Sylvan Park
on Feb 28, 2020 at 9:15 am

Rule for the pool: the bigger the better.